Philadelphia

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading to Philadelphia next Tuesday for a few days, any of you guys that have been have a go to eating spot. mrs johnr has a conference, and I will be spending a portion of the time entertaining my time alone, and would like to hit a Philly style eatery, and maybe a tourist trap type must see museum or something of the such.

Thanks

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thumbs Up

I always google around for diners, drive-ins and dives, etc. when I go to a new place. I was in Philly long ago.

If conference is close to Reading Terminal Market you are in like flynn

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Could you bitch slap Sam Bradford while you are there, and tell him to get the ball out sooner for me.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never been there but I think I would put a visit to the Arena where the NHL Flyers play and check in to see how Coach Hak is doing in the NHL.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't let on that you're gay or have AIDS or it'll cost you your job in Philadelphia. However, Bruce Springstein may write a song for you. Just sayin'

image.jpg

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are near central city go to reading terminal, lots of options there. If you do head to the Lincoln field/Wells Fargo arena area they have a big complex with 6/7 bars in one building. There is nothing else in that area though. The subway is actually pretty clean so don't worry about taking that to the sports arenas/fields since they are by each other. I recommend checking out a flyers game if you can. Season starts Wednesday and if they are in town when you are there you can get a good seat close to the glass for pretty reasonable. There is also the liberty bell, old Capitol building and Ben Franklin stuff to check out. Tons of history pretty close depending on where you stay. Stay away from the "gayborhood" unless you are interested in people watching. There are some interesting characters around that's for sure. If you want some female scenery go to the pbr bar in the big complex I was talking about above by Lincoln field/Wells Fargo arena.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks.
I am free Wednesday during the day by myself and Thursday evening with the mrs, otherwise we are attending scheduled events.
I am pretty sure I will have to check out the arena area, sounds right up my alley. I will not be any where near the gayborhood, as much fun as it sounds.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you know the area you are staying? If you are in central city there is a good Italian place right by reading terminal you might want to take the mrs to. Can't remember the name but it starts with an M. Too much food but it's good. Looks like the flyers are out of town. The atmosphere at those games is incredible and you would have had a good time. Also, ask the front desk people what their favorite pizza place is if you feel like it. They have some really good pizza places there. There isn't a sign that says "welcome to the gayborhood" so you might wonder into it by accident. I kind of hope you do because you wouldn't forget it.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stir - 1705 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA

Tavern On Camac - 243 S Camac St, Philadelphia, PA

Woody's in Philadelphia - 202 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA

Boxers PHL - 1330 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA

...any of these will guarantee you a trip you will not forget ;)

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have to do the comparison eating, Pat's King of Steaks vs. Geno's. We did the duck boat tour and enjoyed it.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have this EXCELLENT soft cheese. It comes in a silver square package. Stock up if you find it! Also, don't even think "Philly cheese steak". They need little reason for hooliganism.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stir - 1705 Chancellor St, Philadelphia, PA

Tavern On Camac - 243 S Camac St, Philadelphia, PA

Woody's in Philadelphia - 202 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA

Boxers PHL - 1330 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA

...any of these will guarantee you a trip you will not forget ;)

I believe Johnr is too conservative for this crowd ;:;badidea

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73