Which electronics mounts on new boat.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I already have one Cisco Mount and like it a lot. Which mounts do you guys like, and try to post a picture. I hate the RAM mounts, but have seen some others that look nice. I currently really like my Cisco, but what else is out there?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
anglers pal is what i'm running.

But i think i like the cisco mount better, these look interesting too
balzout mounts spendy though

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchased my boat in 07, it was set up with ram mounts, so that is what I run. I have zero problems with them and would see no reason to try anything else on my current ride.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your graphs are smaller than an HDS 8 then you will be fine. I had 2 HDS 8's on my skeeter and the RAM mounts don't hold them in place in waves. I am putting an HDS 8 and an HDS 12 touch Gen 3 on the dash, and an HDS 9 touch Gen 3 on the bow. None of them will have a RAM mount under them. I see TH Marine makes a decent looking mount.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
You already have the best. Other than cost why get a cheaper one. I have RAM ones, but wish I'd spent the extra $$$$'s for Cisco's.

Madbigdog2003

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great Mount for Rough Water..(Expensive but worth it)

th.jpgDSC00189.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 'Bird 898 came mounted on a Cisco and I like it. Previous Crestliner had LCX 26's on Johnny Ray's and every now and then in the waves the one @ the helm would pop out and hang by the cables. That never impressed me much.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Dek-It mount on the bow that fits right in front of the recessed trolling motor tray (I have a cable steer). Probably wouldn't be ideal for most of you guys as you probably have an electric drive TM but it's worth looking into. I also have a RAM mount at the console. It's OK but at any speed over 60 mph, it tends to want to lay over with the wind. Pretty annoying when trying to dodge shallow humps on Audubon.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I have decided to mount the 12 touch on a Cisco mount at the dash, the HDS 8 on a TH Marine Sure-Lock mount and the 9 touch on another Cisco Mount at the bow.

Pics of the TH Marine mount.

Pics of the Cisco Mount

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83