Lets see them ice fishing setups

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am look for some ideas on custom flip over set up or sleds for tackle and gear for ice trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why wouldn't you name the thread "Custom Flip Over Setups?" or "Best Way to Organize Ice Fishing Sleds/Shelters?" instead of "Lets see them". You do weird things.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, after reading the Learning channel thread, I was afraid this would be a call for pics of everyone's balls

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a lot of buckets in my ice fishing, I keep my vex in a bucket, some rods in a bucket, cooking and lighting set ups in a bucket. I then place all of these buckets into the box on my ranger, pull a small ice sled behind with the auger, and a grill, cooler and the Eskimo pop up

Buckets man, buckets.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have a ranger to put my buckets in though, oh I see the bad taste in title I hoping to get Mr. V to change the title name to let's see them ice fishing set ups

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drill drill drill and fish out the door of my pickup.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do a lot of drilling and sitting in my pickup but I do have a flip over clam and would like to use the shelter more especially since last ice season, I had better luck under my flip over during fishing through the day and early morning or late evening was good out on the ice, which can be cold. It's OK though, will just have to try out some other sites that are more than willing to help an outdoors man who enjoys fishing. I do appreciate all the one who give me good tips and ideas.

Fuzz-E-Grub

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't have any pictures, but I have found good luck with those old plastic milk crates. Mount them in the bottom of my clam and they have worked great. One for my buddy heater and spare bottles, one for my tip ups and rod holders, my jigging rod case fits nicely in the space it leaves up front. They are sturdy and cheap.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do a lot of drilling and sitting in my pickup but I do have a flip over clam and would like to use the shelter more especially since last ice season, I had better luck under my flip over during fishing through the day and early morning or late evening was good out on the ice, which can be cold. It's OK though, will just have to try out some other sites that are more than willing to help an outdoors man who enjoys fishing. I do appreciate all the one who give me good tips and ideas.

:;:howdy;:;boohoo

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunker, The simplest little contraption I ever made was makeshift sled out of a half sheet of plywood with 2x2 runners and 1x2 for structure all the way around the top and rolled roofing on it for grip. No holes in the sled I just sat on it , I used a sheet of 3/4 '' silver foil backed rigid insulation and made it fold in the middle with a duct tape hinge so it would cover 2 sides and used 2 or 3 bungy straps to hold it in place, the silver foil cut the wind and gave a solar effect to reflected the sun and it got pretty dang comfy just being out of the wind. Even with just two sides it seemed like I could always position it so I could block the wind and catch some sun. I had a propane tank and heater for cold days and for cooking. I need to build another, I left it outside and it deteriorated to the point of extinction but I put many miles on it and had the world by the tail. That was when the only portable you would see was a 4x8 homemade fold up.
Now that you got me started , I made a 4x8 one with a floor on only one half . It was very light and had black polly pit liner from the oilfield, Basically a tarp but the black was nice and warm. Used to get a few looks when I stayed inside and took off walking to a new spot. I never had a good auger so I was a hole pirate , Open floor was a must.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a lot of buckets in my ice fishing, I keep my vex in a bucket, some rods in a bucket, cooking and lighting set ups in a bucket. I then place all of these buckets into the box on my ranger, pull a small ice sled behind with the auger, and a grill, cooler and the Eskimo pop up

Buckets man, buckets.

How many bucket lists do you have?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have my 4x8 homemade

Other than they usually are a pain getting the holes in the right spot are they much worse than fishing out of a flip up house ? I have never used a flip style but watching them unload drill and set up looks about the same.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Other than they usually are a pain getting the holes in the right spot are they much worse than fishing out of a flip up house ? I have never used a flip style but watching them unload drill and set up looks about the same.

I always wanted to make a homemade 4x8 out of a concrete thermal blanket, but I got a good deal on a flip over. My first house was a suitcase shappell, was great for fishing in clear water Minnesota lakes. The house was completely dark and you could watch the fish check out your bait. Which only pissed me off lol until I figured out how to use the stinger set up.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member

It worked for us but when we got kids it was a little crowded, picture burnt snow pants and legs in holes.. LOL we would just set it up, step inside with the Jiffy, start all 6 holes, then pull it ahead and drill them, shovel the snow to the side, slide it back and bank it with the cuttings. We only had a door in the one end so if you didn't want to get out much you grabbed the back holes. We could fish with three but didn't seem to much. We redid the tarp to pit liner, so it is black on the outside but white inside. We never tried to be too mobile, enjoyed the time more than the results. Lots of beer, and some schnapps.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother did an 8' x 8' folding one. Put a 2x6 between the floor sheets and had 2 sheet on each end. It was pretty roomy

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gaywhofishes doesn't have many buckets but lots of tarp straps. Tarp straps and bungee cords are the key to catching fish. The more the better

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80