Doves

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of them. The high line wires are full of them next to every sunflower field I passed this last week. Don't know how you would hunt them though as they fly from field to wire to water to tree row, then repeat the next day. They spend most of the day sitting on the wires between feedings.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
hang out under the wires and pound them coming in well before they get to said wires (upwind about 50 feet)

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still a few around my area but most are gone. Not a lot of sunflowers in this area.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of them. The high line wires are full of them next to every sunflower field I passed this last week. Don't know how you would hunt them though as they fly from field to wire to water to tree row, then repeat the next day. They spend most of the day sitting on the wires between feedings.

First off most of the birds on the wires at this point in those areas are blackbirds but even if doves your list is an easy hunt. Like said said stand by the wires or by the trees. But easiest of all is set a mojo dove at the water hole. I put on a few hundred miles this week and the only area I've seen doves in even close to huntable number's other then in town is west and south of town where there are few enough fields that it tends to concentrate them more. That said every evening wave after wave have been flying into Bismarck from the fields to roost but tonight they were gone and i would suspect today's cold start was to blame.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blackbirds eat good and don't fly as fast! I doubt if you're choked tight enough to cut a line.

love2fish2gether

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only seen two doves today while out walking. I brought the dove loads with for no reason.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76