Not buying fiocchi shells again

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought these shells are suppose to be so damn hot...NOT....Golden Pheasant 3" 1 1/4 oz 5 shot 20 ga. My gun is a Coast to Coast CC660 pump....same thing as a Mossberg 500 in fact its the same gun. Anyways...saturday decide to shoot the ole girl.....freakin shells were getting stuck in chamber after shooting about every other one....screwed up the ability to get the second shot of because shell wouldn't eject..bye bye pheasant....switched to winchester
2 3/4 " 3/4 oz 4 shot steel....no problem...hello bird......guess I won't be buying anymore fiocchi's....and stick with federal and winchesters....anyone else having trouble with these shells???? :;:huh

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been shooting the pheasant max plus 2 3/4" 1 3/8oz. Haven't had a problem. Except with aiming. That was a problem.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've shot several cases worth of 12a 1 3/8oz Golden Pheasants as well as 2 cases of 20a 1oz 2 3/4" with nary a hiccup through several Beretta semi-autos as well as a couple different makes of SxS.

Does your Coast to Coast have a 3" chamber?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might seem silly to ask, but are you certain your shotgun accepts 3" shells? Your problems went away when you switched from 3" to 2 3/4".

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fiochi's are the shells that works best in my Super Black Eagle, FWIW.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
yuppers...accepts 3" and 2 3/4", I think whats happening is the brass is expanding abit after firing..still...not a good shell for this gun for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Except with aiming. That was a problem.

kinda what my problem was this weekend too....LOL....

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did when the little ears that grab the shell to eject them on my Wingmaster got weak but fixed them no more problems with them.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with the first and only box I ever bought. I shoot a Bennelli Super Nova pump, after the first shot the empty would not eject. It happened multiple times with that box.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had two duds out of one case of 3" steel the good thing is I was shooting a semi-auto it did not cycle have not shot any fiocchi ammo since I still have a case and a half of steel shot in the basement

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have only experience with the 3" in a 12ga and they blow the livin $hit out of the breast ;:;banghead

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot the pheasant max plus in my auto all last season with no issues. So far this year I've shot 2 limits with federal blue box steel from my o/u. It all depends on what works best in your particular gun.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Federal is the only shells I buy and shoot. Had A Good Friend That Worked for federal and set us up with all kinds of good quality shells. When I hunt I am not willing to take the Chace saving a few bucks on cheap shit. Not saying federal is the best but never had an issue in 25 years of use.
Shooting trap, maybe buy cheap, out in the field, spend a couple extra bucks and save a potential headache

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Federal is the only shells I buy and shoot. Had A Good Friend That Worked for federal and set us up with all kinds of good quality shells. When I hunt I am not willing to take the Chace saving a few bucks on cheap shit. Not saying federal is the best but never had an issue in 25 years of use.
Shooting trap, maybe buy cheap, out in the field, spend a couple extra bucks and save a potential headache

Fiocchi golden pheasants ain't cheap.

I've also never had an issue with them in fact its the only thin i shoot for upland. I'd say it's more the gun doesn't like them.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
been shooting golden pheasants in my 20 semi auto with no issues whatsoever. love em.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fiocchi golden pheasants ain't cheap.

I've also never had an issue with them in fact its the only thin i shoot for upland. I'd say it's more the gun doesn't like them.

Meh, cheap. Nonfederal shit...haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73