Rifle Season 2015

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't believe we're less than a month out from rifle opener and no chatter! Is everyone ill??

Let's break down what we should talk about in this thread, just to get the juices flowing:

• Too many/few gun licenses
  • Need to/not limit archery tags
  • Many/few deer in (state your zone)
  • North Dakota hunters are lazy/efficient
  • The incompetence/competence of G&F
  • Weather, cover, or lack thereof
  • The cancer on society (a.k.a. folks who pulled a antlered rife, muzzie AND archery tags this year) :mad: ;:;banghead
  • Why UND fans are superior hunters to NDSU fans :::
  • Preferred adult beverage of choice POST-hunt (not :;:)
  • Photos of past hunt successes/failures to get us through these weeks before opener

And GO!!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
You forgot about Road-Tripping' wagon train to WI for OTC tags and some payback for them sending their Law Enforcement Officers to ND to poach.

Last edited:

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still not sure why people believe archery tags have any affect on rifle tags. People complain about archery tags for residents, but hardly ever hear anything about the G&F getting rid of all Non-Resident tags first. So the extra fee the sconi's and blue platers pay to get a tag outweighs my taxes paid all year?

Since I rifle and archery hunt(haven't drawn my 1st choice in 12 years for a rifle) I think anybody that wants to complain should go 12 years and then come talk to me. Also, until they get completely rid of Non-Resident tags(rifle, muzzie and archery) our residents can't complain about other residents getting tags. Blame the G&F and the Non-Residents first. Until all of that happens I say we just need to deal with the low population #'s until they start to increase. Ok, rant over.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
busch light. That is all I feel like discussing.

OK. I'll bite.

Ban it before it corrupts the taste buds of yet another generation.

95af23bfd2a679ffc70cedf3edd38c8f-1.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey, I like many different kinds of beers, including stella. But to go against what I was raised on, is just wrong. Plus they came out with a new can this fall and its hunting themed. Where's stellas art department? oh yeah, busy smelling a baguette and playing mime.

- - - Updated - - -

Am i allowed or is this a ND only kinda thing?

depends. where do you fall on the ndsu/und issue.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bogey, how do you go 12 years without drawing a first choice?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bogey, how do you go 12 years without drawing a first choice?

You'll have to ask the game and fish. I've just come to realize I need to slip an extra Benjamin in with my application.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

depends. where do you fall on the ndsu/und issue.[/QUOTE]

Just depends on whose chain i want to yank at that time. Ndsu is better at hockey and und rules at football. Does that pass?

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing Bogey has a pretty coveted zone. Last year was the first year in 13 that I didn't get drawn. Came in with one preference point this year and got my second choice. So that's 13 of 14 years with a rifle tag. No, I'm not bragging. I think most people who put in where I do have a good shot at getting a tag...mostly because there's virtually no public land and it's very hard to get access.

Brooks

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like B.S. to me Bogey. Ur gonna need some proof to get people to believe u have been denied 12 yrs straight for a resident gun tag in Kodak. Never heard such a thing!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, Nodak

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

Ndsu is better at hockey and und rules at football. Does that pass?

ooohh mmy...you trying to start something with that statement, I hope you got big enuff balls that can take being kicked in more than twice....:;:muahaha

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
so speaking of never getting tags, its been 15 years since i last got a ND rifle tag :;: more like 5 but have any of you guys jumped the red so you can actually kill a whitetail with some sort of bullet? and if you have what is your preference to keep from getting shot in MN season? just go with a muzzy tag?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think there should be a guaranteed buck for ONLY the true hunters.... It must cost at least $1,000 and the rack must meet a minimum score otherwise you are fined. This would clear up the issue of people getting buck tags when they only want meat for making sausage and stuff.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bogey, just looked up the stats from the February ND Outdoors magazine. 8 points was the most anybody that was in the drawing had. So 9 years without a tag. You must have missed applying for 2 years to have not drawn a tag yet. That's not the gnf's fault.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
The SD is where it's at. There are some counties that usually have left over triple doe tags.
My brother, a buddy and I piled up 9 in one day last year.

WP_20131207_018.jpg

However, most of these counties have very little public land, so you gotta know people. Unlike ND, you need permission regardless of any POSTED signs.

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
The SD is where it's at. There are some counties that usually have left over triple doe tags.
My brother, a buddy and I piled up 9 in one day last year.

That's the beautiful benefits of so much phez habitat. The deer like it, too! Kind of like how Nodak used to be before we started hemorrhaging CRP acres.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 143
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77