Clam X2 vs. Otter XT Pro Lodge

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I am in the market for a new flip over (full thermal) and have it narrowed down to these two. I looked at them last year as well and thought that the otter had an advantage as they seem well build and have a good rep for a very rugged sled. Looked at them the other day at scheels and the otter sled seems lighter and more flimsy than the Clam sled. Did otter change there sleds? Really like the bright grey interior of the Clam sleds. Should make finding stuff easier. I mostly fish DL, LOW and Winnipeg and gets pulled a fair amount behind a snowmobile.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow - Otter having the inferior sled would be news to me. Maybe so - IF they changed the process/material. If not - then there's no tougher sled than Otter.

Never heard of an Otter breaking up in Winnipeg. Can't say the same for other brands.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
the otter sled is now a dark grey instead of black which leads me to believe they changed materials.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think there is anything clams makes that otter doesn't make 10x better. Clam is Chinese garbage, I know as I own plenty of there shit unfortunately

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could be wrong (happened once or twice) but when I was flexing the lips on the two sleds the otter had alot of movement and the clam was pretty solid.

- - - Updated - - -

you sure? web site still claims 100% roto-molded 1-piece polyethylene

it may still be but with thinner/different quality poly???

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plus clam stuff has Jason Mitchell written all over it which makes it dumb.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70