It's getting better out there

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of birds starting to move in so the big show is not to far out. IMG_20151014_110512.jpg

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good to see. Been hearing lots of grumblings about how the big wind blew all the locals out, but I have my suspicions there are more to take their place...

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You a big swan hunter? Just want to make sure you knew those were swans and not greater snow geese. thanks for the report.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm after the canvas backs. Shot a few greater snows their a little smaller then that!:;:howdy

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a flock of snows north of Devils Lake this morning, first I've seen. Bad news is I saw several waterfowl rigs on Hwy 2 with blue plates and even a few sconis.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seeing a fair few California this year which is odd for around here.

b2down

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove from Bismarck to Fargo yesterday and Bismarck to Beach today. Lots of MN and WI rigs on the road. Lots of competition if you're headed to your favorite water hole this weekend. We did a number on the ducks south of Mott this last weekend. The wind made pheasant hunting nearly impossible so we hit the water and the ducks made it a great weekend.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I figure by the end of this weekend another couple thousand acres will be posted up due to slob hunters and other stupidity reminding landowners they forgot.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I figure by the end of this weekend another couple thousand acres will be posted up due to slob hunters and other stupidity reminding landowners they forgot.

That, plus phez season is in full swing and it's one week closer to deer opener. All signs point to "POSTED."

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the clueless ones, Picture is famous wrestler "Big Show"
Paul Donald Wight Jr. (born February 8, 1972) is an American professional wrestler and actor, better known by his ring name Big Show. He is signed to WWE, where he has performed since 1999, and was previously in World Championship Wrestling (WCW) where he was known as The Giant (which remains a nickname in WWE).

:;:cheers

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
This dry fall is a bad taco for hunters in central ND.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man you sure could sure could tell its MEA this weekend! I bet I saw more hunters this morning the last three weeks combined. Did see fairly good numbers of divers, Spooner's and Gadwalls but not much for mallards. Geese are still so so and a few snows starting to trickle in. Anyone seeing any real flocks of cranes.... say 200 or more? I haven't seen Jack for them and I put on 200 miles this morning.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67