Rut Activity?

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone see any kind of rut activity over the weekend? Saturday morning was about as good as a guy can ask for as far as weather. I had does/fawns all over me all morning, but still no bucks. Checked the cameras and all the bucks are nocturnal with the occasional one making an appearance after sunset. Still hanging out together.

I gotta think they'll be moving more in the next 7-10 days; and start chasing does. I actually like the chasing hunts better than the actual rut as most of the activity occurs in morning/evening. During the rut it can happen at any time and I really don't have much time to do all-day sits. Biggest buck I ever shot with a bow was taken on Oct. 29th so we can't be too far off!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched 2 small bucks spar on Saturday morning and one small one make a scrape on Sunday morning. Saw lots of basket bucks this weekend but nothing worth sticking.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
lots of rubs and scrapes showed up last week and new bucks are showing up on camera so that is all awesome! sat a few times through out the weekend and no luck most bucks are nocturnal but it will be soon i would bet! Got out the the hunting land and moved our hunting shack yesterday to over look my little food plot and had to remove some trees! its in an awesome spot. big bluff over looking the river and on the other side of the river is my plot bout a hundred yard shot from the hunting shack, not like i'll ever had a rifle tag, but my sister in law has a gratis tag so hopefully she can snag a big boy outta there!

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I've also seen a few rubs show up, but have yet to see a buck during shooting light. They are definitely cruising at night though; as I'll have them in multiple spots on the same night. Looks like some weather is coming in at the end of this week so hopefully that gets them on their feet when I'm in my stand!

DustyG33

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've saw a few Muleys tangle horns so far. One muley tearing up some brush. I've had whiteys hitting a licking branch since August. One shooter that is pretty consistent. Was there 10 outta 14 days always in morning around 730-830

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75