Fargo area taxidermist

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with any of the taxidermist around Fargo? Or have any recommendations? After waiting 20 some odd years I have finally shot a white fronted goose and want to get that puppy stuffed!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
For a goose, Chris Cantler of Aber Taxidermy is where I would go. I've posted lots of pics of the work he has done for me. 4 geese, 5 ducks, and two pheasants. I'm also bringing my chukar to him. He does very nice work. I would also suggest you STAY AWAY from J&K taxidermy. He shows you his competition work in the studio and then gives you dollar store quality on your stuff. I can show you the ONE AND ONLY piece he did for me if you want. I didn't even pay for it he F'd it up so bad. Good Luck!!!

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
For a goose, Chris Cantler of Aber Taxidermy is where I would go. I've posted lots of pics of the work he has done for me. 4 geese, 5 ducks, and two pheasants. I'm also bringing my chukar to him. He does very nice work. I would also suggest you STAY AWAY from J&K taxidermy. He shows you his competition work in the studio and then gives you dollar store quality on your stuff. I can show you the ONE AND ONLY piece he did for me if you want. I didn't even pay for it he F'd it up so bad. Good Luck!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with KDM. Chris is tremendous!

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup. Patiently waiting on my mule deer I have at Aber. Chris does great work, and is a great guy.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't vouch for Chris's quality of birds but he did a deer for me that was outstanding. I would not hesitate taking a bird to him.

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the lead!!! Just called him up and he is very pleasant to talk to on the phone. The price is right but the wait time kind stinks. Now the question is do I want a flying mount or standing lol.

He is a picture of the poor little fella.

20151017_105938.jpg

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a good one lots of dark on the breast. I will vouch for KDM on his birds they look good.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took a turkey in to him this spring with the plan of a strutting pose. He had a flying mount that he had just finished for a guy...........I left with a flying mount pending.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
what was the qouote on that spec? which pose? thanks

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
$250 for the bird is what he quoted me. I haven't decide if I want to do a flying or standing mount. After I meet with him tonight I will have a better idea of the condition of the bird and what my options are.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77