Sportsman Warehouse experience

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thought I'd put this up before going back to work...
So at noon, decided to go buy a cheek riser kit.
Now, the williston store has NO cashiers on duty, just about never until more than 1 person needs to 'check out'. You have to go to the customer service desk to 'check out'.

I get up to the counter and the gal says 'what can I do for you'....I had just put the item on the counter, and said, just like to pay for this. She asks "whats your zip code"? I kinda paused, then bluntered out the 58801...then asks me another stupid question...and that point...I ask her...why you need to know all this....she repsonds..nevermind and rings up the merchandise with an attitude.....I mean...what the fudge...buying something from them not good enough that they need 'other' info out you??? I should have told her if she wanted to know what color underwear I had on today....for petes sake. I know its a ploy to get your info so they can send you junk mail....next time , me and the manager are gonna have a nice little talk about their check out tactic...and for chris sake...get some damn cashiers on duty you dips.....:mad:

Last edited:

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty standard now days for them to ask. Lowes always asks my cell phone number. . . I asked why they needed it last time I was there and she said for returns. I asked why my receipt wasn't good enough for me to return an item. I'm sure they just don't know, like you said probably for advertising or something.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the zip code thing is for expansion plans. If they see a trend from an out of town zip code, they may look at putting a store there. Not sure if this is true or not but if all you Fargo guys would provide a Bismarck zip code at Fleet Farm when you go, I would be in your debt. Thanks.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the zip code thing is for expansion plans. If they see a trend from an out of town zip code, they may look at putting a store there. Not sure if this is true or not but if all you Fargo guys would provide a Bismarck zip code at Fleet Farm when you go, I would be in your debt. Thanks.

this x100000.

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Now you're thinking. Best idea I've heard in some time.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like someone's oatmeal got switched to grumpyoats this morning

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they ask me for my number I give them 701-867-5309

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I don't feel like giving out info that day I'll just say "No thanks, I'll skip that question". Never been a problem, it's not like they're not going to ring you up. They're just doing their thankless job.

And if you ever lose your receipt, it can come in handy if a transaction is associated with a phone number. I always give them my old landline number that was disconnected years ago anyway.

That said, I liked Sportsman's Warehouse when they first opened in Fargo. By the time they closed a few years later, however, that place was a pile!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tommy Tutone, is forever a one hit wonder.

I was married to a Jenny once, wasn't as fun as the song made me think it would have been.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
when they ask for my cell number I give them 867-5309. they never get it. I won't buy at Sportsmans in Williston anymore. My debit card with my name on it wore out. The wife never uses hers so I've been using hers for the past two years. This is the only place they won't let me use it because my name isn't on it. Even though it's the same last name and my medical cards have her name on it. They lost a customer.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
when they ask for my cell number I give them 867-5309. they never get it. I won't buy at Sportsmans in Williston anymore. My debit card with my name on it wore out. The wife never uses hers so I've been using hers for the past two years. This is the only place they won't let me use it because my name isn't on it. Even though it's the same last name and my medical cards have her name on it. They lost a customer.

So you're mad because they won't let you use a credit card that doesn't have your name on it??? OK..........

Who do you think if liable for non-authorized charges on someone else's card? The business. As a business owner myself I wouldn't let you use it either.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you're mad because they won't let you use a credit card that doesn't have your name on it??? OK..........

Who do you think if liable for non-authorized charges on someone else's card? The business. As a business owner myself I wouldn't let you use it either.

Yup, in fact I would get the big scissor out and cut it up right then and there...haha. Then tell you to piss up a rope.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80