Kayak fishing around dolphins is a pain in the a** (video)

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dolphins were a regular problem when trying to reel anything in, I don't know how but they never get hooked, and they aren't scared of anything. Also notice how much power a 3lb Spanish mackerel has as they burn the drag on my large heavyweight spinning combo with 30lb power pro.

[video=youtube;RqpMAWZu6xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RqpMAWZu6xw[/video]

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
What bait? Keep anything to eat? Where were u? Consider putting on a bigger hook and try to reel a dolphin in?

Last edited:

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd never reel a dolphin in on any tackle, imagine a blue marlin with warm blood, a mammal's metabolism, and a greyhound's stamina. especially not from a kayak.

we kept some mahi mahi to eat

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
As for bait, we used several species of baitfish that were readily available after a few minutes of jiggin a sabiki rig. Blue runners, scad, sardine, pilchards, sand perch, flyers, bonito, ballyhoo, etc.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish i had video proof, but i did smack one on the nose that came up beside me after a flounder i reeled in. It didnt even feel it, or care, those things are 10 feet long and aint scared of sh*t.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
T-ball bat says it like FTD (you may be too young to get the reference)

Svmag, you must be a WHOLE lot older than me, because I don't get a damn thing you say, and mustard doesn't equal horse because aliens don't wear purple hats.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
As for bait, we used several species of baitfish that were readily available after a few minutes of jiggin a sabiki rig. Blue runners, scad, sardine, pilchards, sand perch, flyers, bonito, ballyhoo, etc.

its amazing how those sand perch act JUSt like the little bait stealers we have here

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Svmag, you must be a WHOLE lot older than me, because I don't get a damn thing you say, and mustard doesn't equal horse because aliens don't wear purple hats.

Back in the day, you could "Say It with Flowers with FTD". I modified this with my canoe and T-ball bat.

th

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
You'd never reel a dolphin in on any tackle, imagine a blue marlin with warm blood, a mammal's metabolism, and a greyhound's stamina. especially not from a kayak.

we kept some mahi mahi to eat

Yeah I was mostly joking anyway.... Mostly :;:muahahaLucky the 'bait nazis', aka ND G&F arent in charge of bait rules down there, haha.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, unless its endangered or has a size limit on it, you can put it on a hook and use it for bait.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74