Need to find some canning rings

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody have a reasonable website where one can purchase canning jar sealing rings? I don't need the lids, I have plenty of those but for some reason my stock of rings keeps shrinking. I need both regular and wide mouth rings. I searched ebay and amazon but maybe my keywords aren't correct because I wasn't finding much.

Thanks for the help in advance.

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you can get them in many stores. I'm confused as to which one you want. I call the part that seals, the lid, and the part that screws on to hold the lids, the ring. I could be wrong as I usually am.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take the rings off after the jars have sealed. They do not rust then and can be used over and over.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take the rings off after the jars have sealed. They do not rust then and can be used over and over.

That was going to be my question. Thought they were a one time deal...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know how one human being could do that to another. If they're that damn bad shoot them. It was also very nice to see wounded naked men on a thread about food preservation.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Canning lids can only be used once. The rings are reusable. I always remove the rings shortly after the lids pop. At least loosen them a bit. The lids hold tight by themselves if they seal properly. If they don't seal you need to refrigerate the jars shortly.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I need a diagram. I thought there's only two parts to the top of a liquor glass.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Butts and canning lids are like shooting stars in our lives together in some obscure bacon

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
what transpires that they can only be used one time? I am not real educated on canning but is the heat escaping and pulling down a vacuum on the lid at cool down how it seals. I would think unless damaged it would work repeatedly. I am very leery of being sold a bill of goods where you buy repeat merchandise.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
We use em more than once. You can usually tell when they get so bad they won't seal. The high and prolonged temperature of pressure canning will usually break em down after 2-3 uses though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80