Dissapointed

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
We made a quick trip to sturgis and deadwood area this weekend just to see it in the fall.very nice I might add. I was disappointed that fuel was a lot cheaper out there and this is generally a tourist trap. It was $2.32 in deadwood. I get home and it's almost $2.50 here. That's just wrong.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
And cenex by acme tools in Bismarck charges for compressed air...... (used to be a Tesoro I think, anyhow, it's the one with a subway in it)

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
And cenex by acme tools in Bismarck charges for compressed air...... (used to be a Tesoro I think, anyhow, it's the one with a subway in it)

This is what makes a guy mad. What ever happened to having a compressor inside with a hole in the wall for the hose to hang out of.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what makes a guy mad. What ever happened to having a compressor inside with a hole in the wall for the hose to hang out of.

I believe that is the setup. I need to swing by and verify. A coworker shared the fun fact with me. Does anyone know for certain? Are they charging for air at that location?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
RJ Tesoro off I94 in West Fargo is one of the only gas stations I know of in south Fargo area that actually has an air hose going year round. Glad I have a compressor in the garage or December through March would be tough.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couple other stations in Bismarck used to charge for air. The Tesoro downtown by Medcenter (it will ALWAYS be Medcenter to me) used to charge.

I think the stations that tried that out got pretty big stink-eyes from everybody. Most have free air again now.

I agree though, when it's durned cold out, a lot of them don't have air available.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm down in Houston for work this week and it's $1.71-$1.89 here depending what part of town you are in.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
This morning I've seen a place in Sioux Falls for $1.94, the last week we've dropped at least $0.30 per gallon.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be in Houston on the 11th, but I wont be purchasing any costly gasoline.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
40 yrs ago I could put 3 gallons of gas in my Yamaha 400 enduro and get change back from a dollar.:;:rockit

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
In 1976 the price of gas was .40 cents a gallon.

That is like saying the price is $2.29 today.. Depends where.. I was in high school and just out of high school where I lived and it was under .30...but at any rate..i am not going to argue with you..i am just saying a dollar could buy a lot..just like with most other things at the time.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could buy a candy bar for a nickel, that's right a nickel

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now add in that much of the gas in Bismarck comes from the Mandan refinery and that they refine Bakken crude. Bakken crude sells at a discount of nearly $15 bbl and is some of the highest grade crude in the world so takes less to refine. So add all that up and the near zero shipping cost to get it from mandan to unistop and the math comes out to someone taking some wicked profits!!! In the real world Bismarck should have the cheapest gas in the U.S. day in and day out but alas I guess we are just not that Lucky.;:;barf

Anyone have a few spare Chinese lanterns we can light off when the wind is right?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have a refinery in Dickinson, they only refine diesel, then ship the rest off to some other processing center. We pay $.50 more per gallon here than Fargo, and we literally have zero shipping cost in getting the raw product to the refinery, and from the refinery to the pumps.

We should be paying around $.90 a gallon for diesel in western ND.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76