Napoleon Lake

Southren boy

Founding Member
Founding Member
A friend of mine told me this summer it is a good and easy place to catch pike at the train tracks I think on hwy 34? I went a couple of weeks ago and could not get a bite. Is it over for the season? I do not ice fish but i was hoping to put a few more in the freezer and have a great day with my kids fishing. I would appreciate any tips or any other advice. THANKS!

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pike can be a little fickle at times. Ive had really good luck on that lake using a cheap yellow/green daredevil knockoff and letting it flutter when Im bringing it in. Reel fast till it gets close to the surface and keep your rod tip high, then stop reeling completely or else slow way down and the spoon will flutter down till it hits bottom, this is when they usually hit. Me and a buddy were there like 10 years ago with my boat and we couldnt get a bite to save our lives till we put on green/yellow spoons and stumbled upon this technique, then we absolutely hammered the fish till our arms got sore. That was back when the lake was loaded with 10lb fish, I dont think they are quite that big yet, since it winterkilled a while back. We went out there this spring and did quite well casting from shore, but it was mid june, If nothing else, take some smelt and throw them out on the bottom or under bobbers, or try frogs under bobbers....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66