Extended Characters

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I go online to apply for a new job and their website requires me to register on thier website before I can fill out the app and one of the requirements for your password is you need to have two "extended characters" in your password. I have no idea what these are. I have done google searches and still don't fully understand what they are. I someone could please explain these to me it would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure how this ended up in recipies but Vollmer could you please put this in the general forum catagory. Thank you sir.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I could help, just wanted to share: There are several companies which should kick their application designers in the teeth. I've had to get up and walk around many times in the past couple weeks.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually they are called "special characters", maybe some dummy wrote the application....

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you can't figure out something as simple as a password you may not be qualified for the job.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
extended characters on window usually invlove using <alt> and a number combination to get a sysmbol ex. ╥ is derived by using<alt>1234 Θ=<alt>233, like mentioned above I am guessing they want the special characters( $%* etc), not the ALT coded ones, but incase they want the alt coded extended ones that's how you do them.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you can't figure out something as simple as a password you may not be qualified for the job.
Could be the case. I seriously haven't been able to fill out a single online application as of yet. As soon as I fill out my email or password or whatever and push login or sign in it will say email and password does not match or whatever. Its a never ending stream of frustration. I guess i'll become a Hillary supporter and apply for free benies.

- - - Updated - - -

Come to think of it this is probably the reason so many people are are unemployed.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66