live from the blind.....

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well this wind isn't nearly as westerly as I needed/counted on. Will I still connect with ol swamp donkey, gimpy joe, g2 buck, the young eight point foe by foe? Time will tell. He's ALL of 111"s in case you were wondering...... they move late round here but there are a few in the field right meow. Not sure if Otis is one of em as I forgot my f n binos in the truck...oh, and my rangfinder. I should really start driving the pickup instead of my wife.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, found a rage two blade from years ago and my last 'special' arrow. Also scounged up a rage practice head. Took my 10 yearly practice shots @ 15 yards in my basement at about midnight last night. Should be good to go!

- - - Updated - - -

No less than 20 deer to my left and right. They b movn.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good luck Buddy...

th

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're the reason deer numbers are low. Damn bowhunters wounding 5 for every 1 you tag. Go back to 'sconsin. /sarc

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Add does to the list. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Lesson learned tonight: When doe is danger close to ghostblind, use finger carry holes as view ports, NOT the shooting port......

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am live from the blind. Should have a dead doe or 2 by now. My breath must stink from the onions I had for lunch. I knew I should have eaten some dirt when I got here.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found eating a stick of unsalted butter is fantastic in such situations. Best bet is to unwrap first, and soon after pulling from refrigeration.

Good luck, and if you stick one, and he wonders unto posted land with a camper in the back ground, please smile for the camera.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
That old camper might be the blind he is hunting out of, you guys shouldn't be so judgmental you are going to hurt someone's feelings

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found eating a stick of unsalted butter is fantastic in such situations. Best bet is to unwrap first, and soon after pulling from refrigeration.

Do u bring a roll of TP with u after u get done eating that?

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
1450301953679.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Windy and cold 21' up. But relatively pleasant. Doubt they'll be moving much but have to be here to know for sure....

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0192.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Windy and cold 21' up. But relatively pleasant. Doubt they'll be moving much but have to be here to know for sure....

At least you've got a clean shooting lane!

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were moving....but. I SUCK AGAIN!

Maybe I should sling a few muzzys into the block, because they're OBVIOUSLY not going where the montecs, ragezesss, and field points go.

- - - Updated - - -

At least you've got a clean shooting lane!

Shooting lane tooting lane. The ol switchback blows thru limbs like they aren't even there. Gotta watch out for limbs w dia over 4" though

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Btw... I forgot to update my live from the blind post. I stuck a nice bodied spike that night and wasn't sure about the shot. Rather than track it with flashlights and risk pushing it and never seeing it again, I waited til morning. Found it almost 200 yards from the blind completely torn up by yotes. Disappointed to say the least. First deer I've shot with my bow in about 7 years. Ain't many around and I hate wasting one to feed those mangy canines. Gonna invest in one of those special blood tracking lights for next year. The issue presents itself way too often whilst bow hunting.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62