Snows

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heading out thursday for 2 weeks in nw ND anybody seeing any?Some scattered flocks around garrison area,seen some migrating over hazen.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
HUGE migration today. Saw spots go from a few thousand to close to a 100,000 in a matter of a couple hours.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Heard them last night flying down here finally found a.field full of mallards on my.way out the door to get after them

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
have my doe tag filled, toying with heading up to Wildrose area for one more slough sit. Anyone have any info on bird numbers and conditions? Been 2 weeks since I made the drive up. Thanks!

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went fishing at Audubon this evening, lots of geese and big flocks of ducks.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went to the lake again this afternoon, south of Max to McLean county 4 on the east side of 83 was 2 quarters of land, full of snows, and 2 miles south of that was another 2 quarters full on the west side of 83. At Audubon there are thousands of Canadians , and ducks of all kinds!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snows are pretty much everywhere in Central ND now with a big migration yesterday morning. Deffently pick up a good wad of mallards as well since most snow goose roosts now have large number of ducks with them. Saw a surpriseing number of goose hunters yesterday with it being an even split be res and nonres and for some reason all were using Canada spreads. Birds didn't seem to be in much of a hurry yesterday to feed with most heading out after 9.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
sometimes I wonder why people try to hunt snows on days like today and yesterday. . . . yeah I get it you only have x days to hunt blah blah blah. but why waste your time? shitty juvie hatch+light wind blue bird day. . . . . I don't care if you run 800 fbs. go fishing instead. maybe the sight of 50,000 geese piling into a field gets people bonerfied enough to get up at 4 a.m to set a pile of decoys just to watch the first few groups of birds hover at 150 yds then continue on to start a feed 2 miles away so you can watch the rest of the roost run the train to the "new" X. hope that single dumbass juvie that got 52 yards away was worth the time. and to the group I saw while making my rounds. 2 doz sillosocks on a windless day set in a 16 yard blob wont even kill pigeons. sorry guy but you blew up a good field for nothing.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a couple grand make a few loops around the slough I was on, big groups around Powers Lake and near Berthold. Had more than enough ducks to hunt, 8 year old was in slow mode and with a 115 mile drive, we were exiting truck at shooting time. Ducks all wanted the next slough south that held a bunch of canadas. We pulled out at 10, and started driving to find a spot for the evening; boy said he was not feeling good so headed south to 23, yarfing by the time we were near Parshall. Saw mallards mostly, but some wigeon, gwt, pintails and gaddies. Wish I wasn't so responible about paying bills, etc.... I would love to not go back to work tomorrow. Used vacation days on the wrong days this weekend. Par for the course.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gonna be a monster migration in a few days if the forecast holds. Southern ND/Northern SD should be filthy for a couple days anyways.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot very few in 10 ten days most birds still in canada.Heading to central Nd this weekend.The worst vacation hunt ive ever had didnt even see very many of anything in nw ND.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80