Bismarck/Mandan Taxidermists

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the people that are familiar, i may need a taxidermist if i shoot the mule deer i am after. I am just trying to plan in case i do end up getting him. So that being said besides Dakota Taxidermy (i know they do great work just not willing to pay $900) who else in the Bismarck/Mandan area does great taxidermy... Prairie Ponds, Wet'N'Wild ? for a fairly reasonable price? it would be a mule deer shoulder mount only. Any inquiries would be greatly appreciated.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
You could try Nevada's in Mandan. I've seen some of his work and I liked it. Have no idea on the price.

HomeSlice

Founding Member
Founding Member
Faul Taxidermy. https://www.facebook.com/Faul-Taxidermy-Studio-Andrew-Faul-154724211217847/?fref=ts

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nevada is 650-750 for standard shoulder mounts. I take all of my animals to him. If you're looking for a fast turnaround, you'll want to look elsewhere, but I have no problem waiting for a quality mount.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Faul Taxidermy. https://www.facebook.com/Faul-Taxidermy-Studio-Andrew-Faul-154724211217847/?fref=ts

Andrew is way behind. I think I'll be lucky to get mine next spring and I delivered it last november.

But he warned me that I'd wait a long time. I think he's doing lots of safari stuff for neighbors or some such.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I second, or third, or whatever count we are on to Nevada Miller. Great work, takes a while. Here is a friends muley done by him a couple years ago.

IMG_6150.jpg

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Senus Wagner in the Wilton/Washburn area. I've had 3 mounts done by him and all are excellent. I think the last one I had done 2 years ago was $475.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wagner is bout 2 years behind already I think.

The last one I had done took 14 months. For the price you can't beat it. It's basically two for the price of one.

I talked to him the other day, but didn't ask how busy he was. I will the next time I see him. He did say he had a couple of bull moose in the shop...so I'll be stopping in to check them out.

Brooks

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Wet and wild now charges 700 for a shoulder mount. How many on here have had work done there and how was the quality and turnaround time?

Founding Member
Founding Member
one thing about taxidermists.
If you find a good one you like, don't tell everyone on the interweb.
Or else you end up waiting for years just like you did with the last taxidermist you left..

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
one thing about taxidermists.
If you find a good one you like, don't tell everyone on the interweb.
Or else you end up waiting for years just like you did with the last taxidermist you left..

I respectfully disagree, as I like to give a person good kudos for the excellent work they have done, and want them to get plenty of business as a reward for their good work.
I had a big walleye at Dakota taxidermy for 18 months and it was worth the $650, and wait. I would gladly recommend them again, and hope they stay busy.
If I am in a huge hurry, money talks.

I had a guy in Fargo that did some mounts for me, he was great priced and fairly quick turn around, but I'll be god damned if I can remember his name.

Good work needs to be rewarded with good recommendations, in my honest opinion. People have no problem throwing dirt, maybe we should start throwing the good stuff

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys. This helps a great deal. Hopefully it all works out so I can bring it to one of them. I do have a picture of him but it is a crappy cell phone pic. Hopefully I can provide the real thing holding it.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Founding Member
I respectfully disagree, as I like to give a person good kudos for the excellent work they have done, and want them to get plenty of business as a reward for their good work.
I had a big walleye at Dakota taxidermy for 18 months and it was worth the $650, and wait. I would gladly recommend them again, and hope they stay busy.
If I am in a huge hurry, money talks.

I had a guy in Fargo that did some mounts for me, he was great priced and fairly quick turn around, but I'll be god damned if I can remember his name.

Good work needs to be rewarded with good recommendations, in my honest opinion. People have no problem throwing dirt, maybe we should start throwing the good stuff

Well John I know several folks that have been waiting 4-5 years for some of their heads "some have 4-5 there" And your right money does talk, and that's the horse shit problem many are having now as guys with oil and unlimited funds are getting theirs done in less than a year from the same taxidermists. I won't play that game any more.

Last edited:

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
this reminds me, i need to get a fish to MSA....two fish. dammit.

Whenever, ive got a batch of walleyes im about done with, so ive got room for more. I can usually finish fish in 2-4 months.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last one I had done took 14 months. For the price you can't beat it. It's basically two for the price of one.

I talked to him the other day, but didn't ask how busy he was. I will the next time I see him. He did say he had a couple of bull moose in the shop...so I'll be stopping in to check them out.

I just talked the Senus today and he said he's two years behind. I asked him what he charges for a shoulder mount of a deer and he told me $500. Cheaper than most! I've seen his work and no question he is good at it! He also said he's in the process of doing two full body bear mounts along with the aforementioned moose.

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a side note, the team at Dakota Taxidermy has garnered the cover of Breakthrough magazine recently.
Pretty impressive!

dakota cover.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84