Founding Member
Multi-Vu Underwater Viewing Adaptor System 300$

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-New-Underwater-Cameras/Aqua-Vu-Multi-Vu
AVMULTIVU-02 272X252.jpg
Vexilar FishPhone Camera System $270

https://shop.vexilar.com/en/fishphone-1/fishphone-camera-system-complete-fp100

FP100_1-B.jpg
Marcum PanCam Camera System-Wi-Fi 350$

http://www.rapala.com/marcum/underw...01.html?cgid=marcum-underwaterCameras&start=2

MPC01_PanCam_Camera.jpg\

Which one would you buy, if none of the three which one do you have now that you like.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The marcum is the only one that has auto rotation
Rustywaterdogs :Where you fish with your fishphone at? Is the camera have zoom feature?

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone I know that bought a pancam last year returned it after the gears failed in the rotation module.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually in the water!!!Thats friggen hilarious!

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
The video clarity is pretty good as long as the water clarity is good. Most of the lakes I fish I'm fishing in 15 to 20 fow. I've used it in Devils lake in 30'+ and it worked good. It also has led lights on it but I don't use them.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a Cfish last year. Jury still out. But do enjoy the rotation feature with remote. I would buy it again. As with other units, water clarity is key. My .04.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 360 video camera but the picture is really grainy, so I am wondering if I should sell this one buy one a different. I wonder if a better monitor would improve or is it in a camera issue. So many questions

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone know if they ever fixed the problem with the shitty motor and/or gears on the pancam? i hear the image quality is great on those marcum cameras and we are about to pull the trigger via prime so we can use it tomorrow in the house. thanks.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Marcum. Not the Pancam but I can't remember the model. 300 series maybe??? Either way, mine came with the panner and I love mine. The video quality is good enough for me but I don't really know what good quality should look like.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
anyone know if they ever fixed the problem with the shitty motor and/or gears on the pancam? i hear the image quality is great on those marcum cameras and we are about to pull the trigger via prime so we can use it tomorrow in the house. thanks.

I was about set to buy a Pancam last year, but ended up with the Marcum VS485C. Reasons below...

1.) I was concerned with having to use cell phone to view the pancam. I have dropped 2 past cell phones down the hole, I didn't need something that would potentially add to that problem.
2.) There have been many times my phone has drained its battery roaming or in cold weather out on the ice. Using it as a camera would drain it even faster, then I would have no more camera and no more phone.
3.) At the time not many user reviews were out and I was unsure of the lag time for the wifi. If I wanted to use the camera to observe fish bite or react to my presentation, any lag time would be a problem.
4.) Sometimes the water on top of the ice can be a problem. I didn't want the pancam system sitting in standing water.

As convenient as the wifi system first seemed I still think the all in one package is the way to go for how I fish.
The 485C has the same camera has the higher cost 825 Marcum cams (all Marcum cams for that matter) and came with 7" lcd screen.

None of the motorized camera panners have good reviews that I saw. definitely nice to have if they work, but I went with the AquaView manual tripod stand for $15. works well so far.

If a person mostly used the camera for run and gun structure searching I can see the pancam being the way to go.

Just my thoughts

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
its mostly for the house. we have a tv. so, won't use the phone to view very often. and it looks like all marcums now use the same camera and based on all i've read and heard, that camera is pretty much the best on the market for a decent price these days. the marcum fella told me the 2nd generation pancams got a new motor and something about resistors blah blah technological blah. he said some 1st generations are still out there depending on where you buy them. but, since they will replace it if it is shit, i just bit the bullet and paid for the damn thing. a couple buddies will pitch in. so, that helps. thanks for the prompt responses though!

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my fishphone. I use a manual panner that scheels sells for $15 and works pretty well... I have old phones/tablets from work that i use during early ice in the portables and will hook it up to my TV in the permanent. It is pretty awesome

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a C-Fish R-1 (they don't make them anymore that I can find),

old style black and white moniter, sony camera that rotates and a bunch of led lights.

When I buy again the rotating cam is a must as I can watch the schools of fish come in, look at my presentation and leave.

I watched a crappie suck on the tail of my minnow last night a couple of times before it moved on, dang thing would not open up and suck the hook in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62