Stolen treestand

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Posting this for a friend. Stand was taken off private land, Does anyone know who this is ?

12187822_1008499452505885_8536399123022739056_n.jpg

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
someone has to know who that is. that's a perfect picture. hope you find the fker and string him up by his nuts.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Makes me want to cuss more than that British Oliver prick.

- - - Updated - - -

Cottonwood trees and cowboy jeans. He's local, that's for sure. Field in the background seems really bare but hard to tell with the glare of the sun. Given the 10/17 date I'm guessing a bean field. Old growth trees. I'm thinking east of the Missouri, maybe around the Shayenne or James valleys, could be in the northern RR valley but I think the jeans are too tight for that.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like a rancher/farmer to me. Guessing a miscommunication somewhere.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are thieves not smart enough to look for trail cams now-a-days? Why wouldn't a guy steal those too?
I am not a deer hunter, nor have I setup a trailcam ever...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
observation: People who wear dark hoodies, on average, are looking to blend into the shadows.

#darkhoodie=successfulthieveryenhancementdevice

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
So that automatically means they are honest?

No just saying weird things happen. A hunter got permission from guy A but guy A didn't talk to guy B (who could be a brother or son). Guy B was out on his land or land he rents and found a stand that he didn't think should be there. So he took it down.

Just saying the guy in the pic could be pissed there is someone on his land.

In this case you should be able to figure it out tho.

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not give the nearest town for the location as North central is a large area. Unless more specific details are given stories like this seem fishy.
Agreed but if it's on the interweb it's gota be true #tobias

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Willow City area, I know the person that posted this and he is a very credible stand up type of guy, Hence the reason I shared this.
The landowner and other locals don't know who the guy is. I dislike thieves and would be happy to see this young hunter get his tree stand back and send a message out to other thieves that you never know where those trails cams are set up so it might be a wise idea to leave other people's stuff alone.

This is the original message

This Treestand was stolen from a friend of mine I would like to know if any of you Facebook peeps out there could let me know who he is. I hope he feels awesome stealing a Christmas present away from young children.

And please do not be afraid to share this

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
This one ( from another site ) gives the location, a name, and phone number

Mon, 11/09/2015 - 7:59pm
coyote11

Can You Help Find This Guy
My cousin had noticed once of his tree stands had went missing on opener of deer rifle. He went to grab his trail cameras on his step dads private (posted-NO trespassing land that he bow hunts) by Willow City, North Dakota. On October 17th 2015 this camera took a picture of the guy in the act of stealing it. If you have any clue to who the man in the picture is, please let me know. He wants his stand back. Thanks!
Blake Erickson
701-331-8835

12237971_1512815755682766_2376700142236434908_o.jpg

- See more at: http://fishingbuddy.com/can-you-help-find-guy#sthash.6nGmG2ox.dpuf

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
I read another side of this on story on FB today but cant find the link. Apparently this guy put up his stand on unposted land earlier this season,then noticed lately that posted signs had been put up. He went back in to take his stand. The post even showed a copy of the receipt when the guy bought the stand.
Sounds like the landowner found the stand posted the land and now it was "theirs"

Shitty part of social media right here, someone can instantly turn perfectly honest individual into a no-good dirty thief with very little effort.

That said, I have no idea how people can put up stands on private land (unposted or not)without letting the landowner know about them

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
is everyone a liar these days? IF fnznfwl's story is the legit one, and it could very well be, that makes those...........

ahhhh crap, never mind...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW If that is true I should have went with my gut feeling and not posted this on here. Had I not known the credibility of the original poster and watched the story unfold for a couple of days where nobody in the area that couldn't identify him I never would have posted. I apologise in advance just incase you are right but that said , I will believe it when I see it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77