Question of the day

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
IF you could only do one sport, which would you choose and why?
Your choices are
1. Big game hunting(including deer that you would get a tag every year;) or other big game you are eligible for).
2. Small game hunting(includes upland,ducks, geese)
3. IceFishing
4. Soft water fishing

My choice would be fishing. As much as I enjoy pheasant hunting and getting out and about with my dogs, I would have to pick fishing as its pretty much a year round activity.
Go!

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Opportunity to apply/hunt the other big game that you are eligible. Not knowing if you are drawn each year.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I would be guaranteed a deer tag? White-tail? Muley? Antlered? And then I am also allowed to apply for big three and would assume I can still apply out of state? Would I get to hunt "Deer" with rifle, bow and muzzleloader?

If I choose, fishing or small game do I get to hunt big game in another state?

…inquiring minds want to know

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Straight-up: small game. I have two dogs, and the highlight of my year is getting them out on birds.

Everything else is just frosting on the donut.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i get to hunt sheep, mountain goats, elk and muleys, moose, every year i pick that

- - - Updated - - -

that would suck though as i love hunting with the dogs. If i couldnt fish and get the other two i can live with that

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I would be guaranteed a deer tag? White-tail? Muley? Antlered? And then I am also allowed to apply for big three and would assume I can still apply out of state? Would I get to hunt "Deer" with rifle, bow and muzzleloader?

If I choose, fishing or small game do I get to hunt big game in another state?

…inquiring minds want to know

I guess I didn't mean to make it a difficult question... If you choose Big Game..you could apply in whatever states you put in a license and possibly get drawn. If you choose big game then the other 2 options are not an option as you chose big game. You would be applying for whatever big game you were eligible for.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I didn't mean to make it a difficult question... If you choose Big Game..you could apply in whatever states you put in a license and possibly get drawn. If you choose big game then the other 2 options are not an option as you chose big game. You would be applying for whatever big game you were eligible for.

ok...I pick fishing

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think there needs to be some tweaking done. All seasons are the same length and application status is unknown for all species.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok DirtyMike..just for you..hahaha.. lets dial this fishing thing down some...Need to choose between hardwater or softwater.
That being said..I think I would change to small game with hardwater fishing a very very close second..

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
and seasons would apply correct??? if so then it would be fishing. Open water--which is what were going to have for most part this year. If seasons would not apply and all land would be considered open for use -- then the hunting options.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67