Your Best Thanksgiving Recipes....

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whats your favorite side dish or desert? IMO you cant have a Thanksgiving Dinner without cranberry sauce....
----------------
Cranberry-Orange Sauce
cran.JPG
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence

Total Time:
25 min
Prep:
5 min
Cook:
20 min

Yield:
8 to 10 servings

Level:
Easy

Ingredients

2 (8-ounce) packages cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 orange, zest cut into strips and juiced
1/2 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
Add Checked Items To Grocery List

Directions

Put all the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature or cool and refrigerate. Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
3 football games, and ice cold Busch light. Mrs johnr making the feast, and the kids and I staying out of the way

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really good mashed potatoes are a must…like them with a little skin on, lots and lots of butter, and a bit of garlic…although it would all be for naught without an out standing rue and gravy that takes most of the afternoon stirring and perfecting.

However hands down my all time favorite side is my Mom’s oyster stuffing, unfortunately the recipe was lost when she passed on, a few of us siblings have made some pretty decent attempts to replicate it, but it is just one of those things from Thanksgivings past that will always stay at the forefront one your memory.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Dried beef slice
2. Spread cream cheese
3. Roll it around a green onion

Get your dried beef from your local butcher and have them slice it a little thicker than normal so you can spread the cream cheese without it ripping apart.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once while hunting during the week of Thanksgiving we got back to town to find out that the only food available was either more of the sandwiches we'd be making/eating the last 3 days, or, a Pizza Corner Pizza. Hawaiian PCP for Thanksgiving is a fair to middling' feast after a day of nearly frozen cold-cut sandwiches.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Warm off the griddle lefse with butter and sugar brings back memories from a million years ago when grandma made it. Pretty much anything grandma made smelled good and tasted even better.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once while hunting during the week of Thanksgiving we got back to town to find out that the only food available was either more of the sandwiches we'd be making/eating the last 3 days, or, a Pizza Corner Pizza. Hawaiian PCP for Thanksgiving is a fair to middling' feast after a day of nearly frozen cold-cut sandwiches.

buy a couple rotisserie chickens and cut in half down the middle. Vac seal halves individually and freeze. Place bags in boiling water for a few minutes when you want to eat. Did this last thanksgiving while out in MT. We ate like kings and it was easy.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
mock apple pie made with saltines is fun (and delicious) with new people during the holidays... best to video the process for the doubters though, or they will never believe you...

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Use whatever recipe you can to bait Lycan to change his avatar. If that doesn't work, I recommend beating him senseless so we don't have to deal with him anymore.:;:muahaha

LITREOFCOLA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I learned an awesome trick for good turkey a few years ago. Prepare your turkey the day before, carve it, put it into a slow cooker, pour the juices from pan over it, and put it in the fridge overnight. On thanksgiving day warm it up in the slow cooker. This method frees up your oven for green bean casserole, sweet potatoes,etc. This is some of the juiciest turkey you will ever have!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
A fridge, freezer, and pantry full of food, add my wife, a gas stove, and you have the makings of a real feast no matter what is put on the table.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys with WIVES have it made!!! Luckily I still live close enough to my mother to get in on a good meal occasionally... :;:rockit

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does your sugar beet recipe work with "regular" beets?

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
images

Oh god, its so good.

Just give me pecan pie, wild rice soup and enough ham to tranquilize a horse!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67