Rigging New Ranger 620FS?

GoFish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill be rigging a new 620FS. Ive decided on the verado pro for motor.

Just curious to see from all of you what your "must have" options were?

Jack plate/rod racks for runnning down the lake/stereo upgrade/rails?? Any and

all comments appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Lowrance vs Hummingbird?
Minnkotta vs Motorguide?

Im gonna go with a tiller style kicker and will have it placed (standing from the back of the boat) on the right side. Should I go with a 9.9 or 15 HP?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
t have is the I-Pilot with enough lbs thrust to last all day in decent wind. Structure scan, isn't a must, but nice. IMO a must is a kicker. Not sure I'd go with a tiller, but they will have sharper turn. I think a 9.9 is enough, but some like a 15. Remeber, its also your spare motor, so if you're down to one, and its the kicker, you'll travel twice as fast back. Most go with a 9.9.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd for surely install one of them winch thinga ma jiggers so you can pull one of them parachuters.

Wishiniwasfishin

Founding Member
Founding Member
you need touch lowrance units. in the grand sceme of things the jackplate is cheap so just put it on.(i like mine, its nice for shallow water loading and a little more prop options with it). i put rails on my boat so if i needed to move the mounts i could, well... i have had my boat for 2 years and i moved them once in the first month i owned it haha. but i do like the rails to keep from things getting drug across the top of the boat. Haveing a nice sound system is great, nothing like blaring tunes crusing down the lake. i have a sonic hub also it basically lets me run my sirius radio,ipod and radio from my depth finder which inturn u dont have a cd player on your console and then i can also control all my audio from the front depth finder when im up front fishing. have fun

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am working on getting the order for my next boat done as well. Its going to be a prostaffers boat so I will get it in the end of summer, or beginning of fall 2016.

It will have a full windshield, 4 seats plus butt seat, Lenco trim tabs, smooth move seats, keel guard, HDS 12 touch gen 3, HDS 9 touch gen 3, HDS 8 gen 2, tiller 9.9 pro kicker on the starboard side (drivers side), 350 Verado, 112 Terrova with Ipilot and US2, on board chargers for all 5 batteries, Sony sound with 4 kicker speakers, jackplate, rails front and rear, RAM rod holders, Cisco electronics mounts, and a custom cover.

I think that's about it :D

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am working on getting the order for my next boat done as well. Its going to be a prostaffers boat so I will get it in the end of summer, or beginning of fall 2016.

It will have a full windshield, 4 seats plus butt seat, Lenco trim tabs, smooth move seats, keel guard, HDS 12 touch gen 3, HDS 9 touch gen 3, HDS 8 gen 2, tiller 9.9 pro kicker on the starboard side (drivers side), 350 Verado, 112 Terrova with Ipilot and US2, on board chargers for all 5 batteries, Sony sound with 4 kicker speakers, jackplate, rails front and rear, RAM rod holders, Cisco electronics mounts, and a custom cover.

The only thing your missing is Lycans avatar riding shotgun.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would go with the tiller kicker too. I have mine tied to the steering wheel and is a pain with the 250 Verado Pro.
I just use the trolling motor up front to steer and keep the kicker straight but get a big crosswind and that doesn't work so well.
Thinking of converting mine to tiller.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my tiller kicker. It has a tie bar to the big motor with a quick detach so when not in use it is secure and moves with the big motor. This also will allow my to run it from the console with the trollmaster (after I start it and put it in gear) or detach it and run it from the back like a normal tiller. Works great for me anyway.

GoFish

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is great info thanks a ton!!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe one day when the motor is runs out of warranty:)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again much appreciated!!

About that ECU upgrade anyone know firsthand what that was like lol?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ran the Evinrude G2 vs Verado pro? Any thoughts ?!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my tiller kicker. It has a tie bar to the big motor with a quick detach so when not in use it is secure and moves with the big motor. This also will allow my to run it from the console with the trollmaster (after I start it and put it in gear) or detach it and run it from the back like a normal tiller. Works great for me anyway.

I have the same thing, rarely use the kicker, but when I do I usually connect it to the big motor and run it from the captains chair. Troll master is pretty cool but again gets used rarely.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Attaching the kicker to a Yamaha isn't as big a deal as attaching it to a Mercury Verado. You need an isolator kit and some other crap so it will use the power steering from the Verado. And in using the power steering without the Verado running to recharge the batteries you can run your batteries dead pretty fast. It is easier to use a tiller kicker on a Verado or power steering boat than to tie them together. On a Yamaha or Suzuki without power steering tying the two together is no big deal and will not drain the batteries with use.

Wishiniwasfishin

Founding Member
Founding Member
i say go with the verado its truly the fastest 300 out there. i have the vrod on mine and all other yars with yams or g2s still dont run with it. as for the kicker i have the quick detatch tie bar. im not a big cranking guy but when i do i usually just leave the tie bar off and set the friction bar tight and use my trolling motor up front to steer its nice having the auto pilot feature.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
i say go with the verado its truly the fastest 300 out there. i have the vrod on mine and all other yars with yams or g2s still dont run with it. as for the kicker i have the quick detatch tie bar. im not a big cranking guy but when i do i usually just leave the tie bar off and set the friction bar tight and use my trolling motor up front to steer its nice having the auto pilot feature.

The 620 has a 250 max. Not trying to be a smart ass.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Is it a Warrior?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82