Food Slicer

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have always wanted one - but the crappy flimsy ones at most stores scare me away. What's a quality unit?

Other than those huge butcher shop styles that are the size of a large microwave. Those are very tempting but I just don't slice enough to warrant buying a used "real one" from ebay that is big and difficult to store.

Thanks!

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
friend has the cabelas deluxe slicer. it works ok for the amount of meat we actually slice. I think they are around 200 ish

- - - Updated - - -

if I know you as well as I think I do, you're not gonna be happy with anything less than commercial grade. just bite the bullet. you can store it next to your giant vacuum sealer and sous vide machine

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe we could put together a 'group buy' to purchase a quality one and just let members of the group use it as needed.... :;:cheers

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an older rival brand and it works great. We do a couple hundred pounds of jerky meat each year and she's never even burped. You are welcome to bring whatever you want sliced up out here and slice to your hearts content. It works with cheese as well as meats.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
buttkick.gif

stay on task

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a cheaper one from Cabela's or Scheel's, it's a LEM brand. I only use it a handful of times per year and for that amount of usage I would say it works well. Because of some flex in the thinner materials I have to rotate what I'm cutting every once in a while, but I can get some paper thin cuts if I want.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a cabelas commercial grade slicer. Mine is an 8.6". I see the they are now considered 8.7". If the meat is real cold (partial frozen) or cooked it slices really nice. If slicing thawed roasts or something similar it turns into a meat slinger and throws little bits of meat all over. The meat carriage also gets sticky sometimes and doesn't slide great. Think a little grease would take care of that though. The blade comes very sharp and also comes with a sharpener to keep it up.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 115
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69