Otter XT650 Cabin

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have opinions on this flip over? I'm looking for a setup that will be comfortable for my 2 boys and me and this looks like it will work pretty good. I will be pulling it by hand at least for now so I wonder how hard it will be to pull and how warm it is during the coldest of days. Any advice is appreciated.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the lodge and it fits 2 adults really well and a little tight with myself and my 2 kids. This is also including room for electronics and heater. The cabin I believe maybe too small. Add the hyfax kit to make it pull easier. They pull hard by hand through snow, but great on ice or hardpack. Otters are made really well and set up easily.

LITREOFCOLA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 1200 cabin with 2 bucket seats, even if it had a bench seat it would be pretty small for you and your 2 kids.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the cabin with two seats. If I was you, I would look into the lodge with the bench. Mine is 100% thermal and I have no issues on the coldest days keeping it warm.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the Lodge. Wouldn't go with anything smaller than this. Fishes 2 adults comfy with gear. Can get 4 holes with flashers in there and somewhat able to move around. They aren't the lightest but well worth it for the denier shell. If you put the hyfax runner kit on them they pull with ease.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
as mentioned above you will need bigger than the cottage. If you pull alot by hand, goolge "smitty sled"

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ended up picking up the 650 cabin last winter. I have a topper on my crew cab pickup. It was the largest flip over I could get and still be able to close the tailgate. As other have said, they are a bit on the heavy side. I am able to load and unload by myself, but not ideal.

I have had 2 adults and my 12 yr old nephew in it. We were able to have 4 holes, a heater (propane tank outside) and 1 flasher. It gets a bit tight with that. I also have the bench which allows for a little more wiggle room. This will be my setup for quite a long time. If you have the room or don't mind the tailgate down, I would go bigger.

Depending on if you have younger boys or not, I would recommend the bench. My 4 yr old is able to sit on the bench and use the side of the sled as his foot rest.

- - - Updated - - -

20150307_105316.jpg

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bench is that seat that comes with the standard otters, the pro series of all models have the buckets. Pro's are a heavier sled and the material is twice the thickness. Just researched as well and got the pro lodge coming, wanted the extra 8 sq ft of ice, sled is bigger to accommodate auger, vex, camera. Also gonna mount the Berkeley 4 rod horizontal rod holders under each seat to eliminate bucket with rods so the cover can be on with all gear inside.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the lodge with the bench seat. Good for 2 guys. Heavy though. The runner kit makes it heaver.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66