Pup up for adoption

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife and I are fostering a black lab pup for the "Raise Your Pawz" animal rescue group. We got him around th 12th of November and he's been an awesome pup. He gets along great with our two dogs. I took him out today with my GWP looking for roosters and he did pretty good. I had him on a 40' check for most of the day because he still needs a bit of work on obedience but the last walk of the day I let him off the check and he did pretty well. He's definately not gunshy. He's not real fond of cats. He is fully house trained, and is pretty well crate trained.
If I remember right i believe the adoption fee for him is only $50. All it takes to come meet this guy is to fill out the adoption paperwork and then you can come meet him. Any questions feel free to message me and I can help get you in contact with the proper people to make this guy your new pup. rudy2.jpgrudy1.jpgrudy3.jpgrudy4.jpgrudy5.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
You sure he's a lab? Looks just like my dog, which is not a lab. Specifically, the longer ears, pointier cranium, high set narrow hips and slender build.

- - - Updated - - -

To that point, if it's the same breed as my dog, I might have to talk my wife into a second dog.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
They told us he was a lab, and I guess I figured he looked like a lab to me. What breed are you thinking he is?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sent you a message, Petras.

Lab owners, please help me out: I think it's a Weimaraner mix. Does anyone have a lab with a hind end that looks like that? What about the "cone head" and big ears? Also seems too skinny for a lab that age. Lab owners tell me I'm wrong?

Beautiful dog. I hope someone adopts it!! (or I might have to...)

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
That guy definitely looks like he has some sort of pointer in him. Has a head just like my shorthair, and build isn't far off.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
yea he's not pure. he has something else in him. which may not be all that bad of a deal. crossing other lines with labs can make some great hunters. My youngest has a nine month old pup that is out of a yellow lab but the sire is unknown. Blue Healer is suspected. She can really hunt pheasants and has a hell of a nose. locks up on birds in the roost and retrieves like crazy. and has more endurance than a straight lab.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Slim, I think you may be correct on the waimaraner. I did some looking and everything about him looks like waimaraner except for the fact that he has longer hair. Maybe he is a mix between a lab and a waimaraner

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
so we took a few close up pictures of him. He's definately got a chocolate colored tint to his coat and his paws don't have white under them but they are also a chocolate brown color with a touch of graypaw 1.jpgrudy tail.jpgtail 2.jpg

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either way, looks like a good pup. Don't have room right now but I hope you find a good home for him.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is pointer in that pup, he has a fairly narrow build. I bet the dog is a hunting fool

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Will do Vollmer
johnr, I had him out yesterday with my GWP chasing roosters. I thought he did pretty well for not knowing what kind of previous training he may or may not have had. He had his nose down to the ground most of the time but he wasn't going full speed psycho like my GWP does. I'm thinking that if I get him out a few more times and on more birds maybe it will really spark the drive to hunt hard. He was always out at the end of the 40' check though and when I did let him get in close to the bushes he had no reservations about getting into the thick of it and working around. Like I stated previously, he's definately not gun shy. I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me keep him, but she'll have none of that kind of talk. We have 2 big dogs already and she says thats enough.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bump. This guy is still available. I'm going to try getting him out again hopefully sunday, so if anyones up for chasing some roosters and may be interested in him, it would be a good oppertunity to get out with him and see if you like him and his personality.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good looking pup. I would go with him being mixed with a pointer also. Never know mabey his next hunt he will start locking up on birds.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm really surprised no one has snatched this guy up yet. My 4 year old Weimaraner / Golden Retreiver mix loves the water and points. No problem working cat tails or sloughs. She's around 50 lbs now and kind of grew into her ears.

I could be wrong but I'm convinced Petras' foster puppy is the same mix as mine. If you need a good water, upland, family dog, don't miss out on this pup.

Here are some quick shots of my mutt:

image.jpg

Attachments

image.jpg

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Petras, if I didn't have one coming I'd be all over this. I think it's great you do this and adopt the pups. Thumbs up from me!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 151
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 77