buried dog fence

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
need some suggestions what have you guys tried? what works best? i have a black lab and a blue healer and the house i just bought has a lot of 75x125 whats the best bang for my buck? do some of the collars have different options such as zapping the dogs if they bark, the blue healer likes to play tough...
lets hear what kind of suggestions you guys have and some sort of a price point if possible?
Thanks!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy that put up an above ground thing that you can adjust the range from the center tower. He can keep his labs within 40 yards of the tower, out to about 150 yards from it. Easy as pie, as you don't have to dig any lines into the ground.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a buddy that put up an above ground thing that you can adjust the range from the center tower. He can keep his labs within 40 yards of the tower, out to about 150 yards from it. Easy as pie, as you don't have to dig any lines into the ground.
Parents have the same thing. Unfortunately, placement is difficult if the radius extends into roadways and such. Big yards wouldn't be a problem.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Petsafe inground fence. It works good. To adjust shock strength and shocking distance, you just turn the knob on the control box. You don't have to fiddle around with the collar itself. Also, I never did bury the fence. I just stuck it to the ground with landscape fabric staples. Eventually the grass grows around the wire and buries it. Occasionally you will hit it with a mower before it is buried in grass but it's an easy repair. Training didn't take too long and my dogs respect the boundary. For the first year they really stayed away from the edges and only went in the middle. Now they use more of the yard. We actually don't use the collars much anymore because they respect our yard boundaries pretty good without the collar.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I just finished with a buried setup we got from TSC. Works perfectly. Our dog would chase cars, run to neighbors. Just a mess. Now, he dont go anywhere near the yard borders.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My new place is fenced in, he seems to like running the fence line. I wonder if it was the under ground shock fence, if he would still run that same route.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
n the knob on the control box. You don't have to fiddle around with the collar itself. Also, I never did bury the fence. I just stuck it to the ground with landscape fabric staples. Eventually the grass grows around the wire and buries it. Occasionally you will hit it with a mower before it is buried in grass but it's an easy repair. Training didn't take too long and my dogs respect the boundary. For the first year they really stayed away from the edges and only went in the middle. Now they use more of the yard.

I bought a pet safe last year on sale for $180 it was the cheaper one. The batteries in my collar have to be replaced every so often. It wasn't hard to install, I just pried a little dirt up instead of digging a whole. After a month or two I quite putting the collar on aswell. The only pain I had was all I wanted it for was the front yard. The fence has to make a circuit so it was either run it around the fence or over the house. It is probably one of the best investments I have made.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67