Suppressor bill in congress needs support

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a question. Not an opinion or anything of the like.

Why is it we need this bill?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a question. Not an opinion or anything of the like.

Why is it we need this bill?

So we can go to the store and buy suppressors. The only thing in europe they have right with guns is you can buy suppressors any time you want.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone read or been informed regarding When/if the bill passes, what will the new process be? 4473esque paperwork/background check or plunk down cash and walk out w/suppressor?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I understand it pay your cash and go shoot civilized

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have sent support as well. In recent years, I have noticed a decline in hearing in my left ear. From research, it has indicated that using shotguns and rifles in the right hand will result in hearing loss in the left ear. When I was younger and dumber, I thought hearing protection was for pussies. Now, you wont catch me mowing lawn, running load power tools, shooting firearms, etc without my ear protection. It pisses a person off when you ask someone to sit on the other side of you so you can make out what they are saying. I'm only 31 and having this issue.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm still worried they'll become mandatory accompanied by more laws. I'm not going to suppress a classic rifle of shotgun and would like to still enjoy the memories and nostalgia associated with them. On the other hand, it would be freakn' cool to zap creatures a mile away with a suppressed.300 RUM like DI. Easier access may increase sales of these candle calibers, promote better marksmanship and save people from the whistle I have in my left ear.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I strongly encourage plugging your off side ear when hunting unsuppressed. This works great due to the Doppler Effect. I wish I'd known of this years ago.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we can go to the store and buy suppressors. The only thing in europe they have right with guns is you can buy suppressors any time you want.

This bill would treat suppressors like a firearm, which is still ridiculous. With that said, a guy can legally make his own firearms, which means you could go to the hardware store and make your own suppressor for $20 or buy a nice one for those larger calibers and pick it up the same day.

Some will say this bill has no chance of becoming law. I will remind you that this bill is exactly the kind of red meat that squishy Republicans and red-state Democrats would like to waive in front of voters who want to throw them out for being treacherous @$$holes. There are lots of "pro-gun" democrat politicians and "independent" voters, enough for a veto-proof majority. I wouldn't say passage is likely but it is possible.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Done. Left ear troubles here as well. The safety part is great, but my parents neighbors would be very pleased if we all shot quieter!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So mrs johnr has been sleeping on the left side of the bed for over a decade now, I thought that was the cause of my hearing issues in the left ear.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76