Nikon Optics

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
So my brother's sling broke at the end of the season last year and he didn't bother to check it out until we did a final sight in before this year's season. Well, the short of it revealed a bent tube on his scope. He was back to his .243 for the season as we went the scope in through scheels. About 5 weeks later I got a call saying it was back in. Now I wasn't expecting much, in fact, I was expecting the old scope to come back with an SOL note attached. I was pretty shocked to find a new 4.5-18x40 nikon prostaff 5 in the box. Kudos to nikon for replacing it without asking questions.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had an old 4x40 nikon that the cross hairs started to float around on after years and years of use and abuse. Took it in and they sent us a brand new one, no questions asked. I haven't second guessed buying nikon since. Now i'm sure there is something bigger and better out there but with customer service like that i'll stick with them.

stalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a similar experience with Nikon quite a few years ago. I went out to shoot some beavers in the spring and found that I couldn't adjust the power on my 3-9 x 50 (pre Monarch). After the weekend I called them and they said to send it in. I took it off and got it ready to send. Once I had it off, it was obvious the problem was a bent tube. Someone must have dropped it or something. So, I sent it in anyway figuring I would get a call to let me know that I was a dumb ass and bent it. Well, I did get a call but, much to my surprise, they were happy to replace it for me with a newer model. Mine was obsolete so they were going to have to replace it with a Monarch. No wonder scope prices are so high if they warranty every idiots bent tube! I love the way the scope performs and will buy no other brand no matter if they are expensive. I guess that's how you create brand loyalty and the warranty costs must be worth it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67