Hot n spicy pickled eggs

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't seen this topic fire off yet on this site (or at least I don't think I have). Anyone got a slam dunk recipe they care to share? I got nothin:(

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
You don't care about Climate Change Gus. Good deal.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hot spicy eggs brings back memories of stripper Thursdays in Emerson Manitoba, a pitcher of Labatts, hot peanuts, a hot and spicy pickled eggs. Mmm mmm titties and beer!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
just for the environuts i am going to eat 2 steaks and a jar of pickled eggs tonight. Watch cnbc as they report a spike in methane gas the next day

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dirtykurty you going to have to take pictures or it will be become a story of folklore. Nobody will believe it happend.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can move a pickled egg from one shot glass to another without ever actually touching the egg.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I've seen recipes for hot eggs. I've seen 'em for spicy eggs. But, it is extremely rare to find the elusive hot AND spicy .. ill be watching.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a pickled fish recipe and add eggs in and hot peppers.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cheat and use the pickle brine and veggies from the hot garden mix usually 3 jars then add in my own jalapenos and habanero peppers and boiled eggs let it set for at least two weeks, not the best ones ever, usually because I don't let them sit long enough, but they get the job done and take a whopping ten minutes to mix together

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got one that's pretty good. I'll see if I can dig it up. Made a batch before pheasant opener. 116 eggs later, I had 4 giant olive jars full :;:rockit

Found it!

5 cups white vinegar
1 cup water
4 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon mustard seed
2-3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
4 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 cup white sugar
A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (the habanero hot sauce adds quite a kick)

Combine the ingredients above and bring to a boil. Let cool to room temperature.

Once the brine is cool you can start adding all of the eggs and veggies to the jar. I typically use 5-6 habenaros, 1-2 onions, and a variety of other peppers (jalapeno, chile, etc.) per jar. You can also throw in some cooked spicy sausage if you want a little more texture.

The most important thing I've found is to use freshly boiled eggs. I tried using the store bought hard boiled eggs and they just don't turn out as good. Put one layer of eggs into a pot with cold water. Bring to a full rolling boil. Turn off the heat and let the eggs sit covered in the pot for 10-12 minutes. Remove water from the pot and run eggs under cold water and then put them into a bowl of ice water. This is the best way I've found to not overcook the eggs. Also, buy your eggs 1-2 weeks in advance will make them easier to peel. I usually use a toothpick to poke a hole in the eggs before putting them in the jar.

This recipe also works well with fish.

Note: The above recipe will make about three 24oz jars. I always make this in large batches so just adjust the quantities accordingly.

Last edited:

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hot spicy eggs brings back memories of stripper Thursdays in Emerson Manitoba, a pitcher of Labatts, hot peanuts, a hot and spicy pickled eggs. Mmm mmm titties and beer!!!

Manitoba strippers are driven wild the stinkier a guy is, just like catfish bait. I've heard. :;:cheers Lauerman's in Fargo had some decent eggs and a world class rot gut the next day.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if I save the brine from pickled beets and soaked some eggs, how long before they're "done"?

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spot on! Eleventeen gives the best flavor.

I take a few habs, jalapenos, onions, horseradish and added that to a regular pickled egg recipe using vinegar and salt n sugar brine, haven't eaten a beet since I learned to say "no" many years ago. Sorry I do not have a recipe I have trouble cooking that way, similar to not asking for directions when I am taking the long cut home.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I come on to an outdoor site wanting suggestions for nourishment preservation and all I receive is nonsensical nonsense?!! Well that's just damn KEEN.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, sensical nonsense is not much fun! Give 'em at least a week, 2 is better and closer to eleventeen. They may have keen pickled eggs in Keene.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75