Hardwater Marine

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody seen these portable hard sided icehouses? They look intriguing for Winnipeg! They are at St. Paul Ice Fishing Show this weekend. Is anybody going?
http://hardwatermarine.com/

Intriguing.

The web site videos were really useful. :::

- - - Updated - - -

The entire web site is still in development. Seems to me the house itself might be too. What an idiotic way to debut.

Fail.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see myself owning one nonetheless.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone said the Web site sucked but I still had to see for myself couldn't take your word on it. Stupid why did I waist 5 min of my life trying to figure it out.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got some info on the houses. They expand outward and weigh about 700lbs. The website is in development. They have a few houses at St. Paul this weekend for the product unveil.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
almost $7K for that?! Cool idea and I knew I was missing a little pirates of the Caribbean theme song today.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Auggie, any insights on the rest of the dimensions? Length, width, height? At 1st glance it looks top-heavy "tippy" due to it's perceived narrowness.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Portable they look to be as portable as the houses in the banner on the top of the NDA page? On the ice maybe, will they fit in a pick-up box? Need a trailer to haul them?

Are those skies or wheels on them?

Agreed they look top heavy…

I will let them get out or the prototype phase and wait for the next generation or two…

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They better have features up the yin yang for it to run 7 big ones. That's some spendy plastic.

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think that this plastic shed would sweat terribly with a propane heater in it. Also, where do you store it for 8 months out of the year?

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Captain you can put your big buddy heater in a spiffy biff outhouse for a fraction of the cost.... Thank me later.

The two holios for the upper class hard water angler...

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
They better have features up the yin yang for it to run 7 big ones. That's some spendy plastic.

maybe it's the same plastic they used on the space station...

- - - Updated - - -

I think that this plastic shed would sweat terribly with a propane heater in it. Also, where do you store it for 8 months out of the year?

it probably collapses into a brief case type carrier with the push of a button...

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys beat me to it...website was a joke. Still not exactly sure what they are but after seeing the price tag i think i'll pass.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Captain you can put your big buddy heater in a spiffy biff outhouse for a fraction of the cost.... Thank me later.

The two holios for the upper class hard water angler...

The "Poop 'N Fish".

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found out some more info. It's roto molded "think of a giant Yeti". The setup size is 128"L x 84"W x 80"H. The side folds outs. The trailering size is 128"L x 62"W x 80"H. It looks interesting and slick. Guy that developed the house fished LOTW a lot and runs across the lake to the NW Angle and wanted to fish out of something with hard walls and not tent walls that could be towed by ATV, SxS, etc...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79