2015 Paddlefish numbers?

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
North Star hasnt updated their site with current catch numbers. I called G&F and they told me they get their numbers from North Star.... I tried calling North Star yesterday and again today but get no answer. Anyone know what current catch number is? Im thinking about going up there Fri/Sat to give it a shot!

Thanks

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
A season total as of 9:30 today is 411 with 12 from today!! We talked to Rory from the cleaning station and he said fishing was good just not a lot of fisherman.
from scenic sports yesterday at 9:30

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks much, with those numbers, should be open for sure Friday and Saturday which is what I needed to know!

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where are you going I will be at sundhiem on Saturday

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
We got 2 yesterday in about 3 hours. Seen a few get released this morning. Not sure what the numbers are I'll have to walk down later and see.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im not sure where Ill go, in the past I have always hauled my boat up there, to go to a secluded spot, but this year I dont think Im going to bother, too cold to camp, etc. Ill update when I get more information about when well arrive, maybe a few people can meet up, Id be interested in going somewhere there wont be a ton of crowds and sandy shores would be a bonus...

Vetter, Janice L.
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:05 AM
Subject: Paddlefish Harvest Numbers

Paddlefish harvested at the caviar operation shows 427 fish.

Good luck this weekend!

Janice Vetter
Fisheries Division

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
from scenic sports website

Opening day was everything I thought it would be and more with 183 paddlefish cleaned at North Star Caviar. That is a new record for opening day going back to 2002 at least. There was also several big females taken with the largest for the day being 107 lbs. While there was plenty of fishermen it was not as crowded as it has been in the past. Three friends from Canada tagged out within two hours of the 8:00 opener, and two were huge females. I stopped out to the Confluence last night and there was lots of campers there. Rory who is the fish cleaner with two other helpers said fish were coming from all the way to the Stateline on the Yellowstone which is extremely early for this time of the year. He also told me the water had come up about a foot just before the opener yesterday. Still have plenty of combos, rods, reels, hooks and weights but sales are strong today.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are taking your boat i hear the walleye have been biting up in that area the last few weeks.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm, something to consider, usually its so muddy you cant see your hand when you stick it in the water, not much runoff maybe?

Jake G

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are taking your boat i hear the walleye have been biting up in that area the last few weeks.

It is very dirty now. It's risen about 2 feet in the last few days. Muddy mud mud

Unless you take a break from paddlefishing and head out east to lunds. Been good out there.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Im going to leave the boat home. Planning to go up either tonight or early tomorrow morning, just fish Saturday probably and come home. Anyone else gonna be there? If so, maybe we could meet up. I dont really know any hot spots to fish, just always see people along the confluence, but doesnt look like the nicest area as far as the shore goes... Tips?

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pump house south of williston you can fish along the road going south. http://goo.gl/maps/6Vw38 "hope this works".
I will be at sundhiem by fairview my family has a big gathering there every year for paddledrinking. Lots of food and drinks sometimes I fish. Everyone else is big into fishing so if you want your are officially invited. Come one come all.

Attachments

image.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84