Slow bite?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else finding the walleyes a bit locked jawed? We had a couple groups out over a half a doz lakes and we have been on the fish most of the time but they just don't want to play no matter what trick we throw at them. Tried them from sunrise to set and it was all the same and the trend was the same for all the groups on the lakes with us. Vary odd since you would think this stable weather would have them rolling but sofar not where we were. Did find so crazy good spots though that will be awesome if we can ever get more then one in fifty to bite.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would have to agree with you. I've only been out a couple of times since first ice but the lakes that usually have a decent walleye bite didn't produce one single walleye. Only thing I can guess is the weather. Going from 20 degrees all the way to 50 in a matter of hours probably has something to do with it

fishn4fun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm glad it isn't just me. I've only been out twice and have yet to catch a walleye. I've caught perch and pike in spots I usually have good luck on during early ice.

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same thing here. I fished 3 lakes today and marked a bunch of fish but could not entice them to bite. It was frustrating because they would follow the bait 3'-4' up off the bottom but wouldn't hit, then they would just drop back down.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't got to experience a slow bite yet this year. Might be cause I haven't been on the ice yet.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the tough bites are in clear water. Seek stained warmer water.

Warm water is usually deepest part of the lake this time of year.

i started doing better last year in warmer water and not fishing gin clear lakes.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only one problem with that and that's that the ice on a number of these lakes are marginal at best at this point and the deeper we went the worse it got. Deffently want to try and fish deep but need a bit of cold air to firm things up a bit because I'm not a big fan of ice thin enough that the water bounces in the hole when someone walks by. Especially when it's 50 out.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say it has been a little slower, but I believe it has to do with the ice conditions and not being able to get to certain areas. Already caught more fish this year jigging than all of last winter so that is a plus!

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
The ice looks scary, even the ones with 5-6 inches were honeycombed to hell. looks like its gonna be a couple more weeks before i venture out... unfortunately.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fish are biting, cleaned 40 jumbos on saturday night.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went back out for a bit this morning but called it off early since the lake had lost some of its ice and it was to thin to be out there solo. IMG_20151207_091426038.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree, it makes me uncomfortable to even look at the picture.

our little local lake has been producing as the rumor goes.

seen some pics of a chick that had caught some eyes on paterson this weekend

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's actually 4 inches but yeah like I said went a hundred yards from the truck but was to shallow to have any real shot at the eyes and there was no chance in hell I was going out deeper so headed out. You think im crazy whats that make this guy out on the same lake on Sat night.20151205_155930.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 140
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 123
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 80