Digger Auger Carrier

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought one of these to put on my Ranger. Have any of you mounted one on a Ranger? In the package it says a 25 dollar kit is needed to install. By looking at it I would think some ready rod that attaches the carrier on top and the plate on the bottom of the box would be better?? Any help is appreciated.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great carrier. I bought 3/4 inch square steel tubing at Mills and drilled it in right places to allow it to sandwhich on a snowmobile rear rack. The mount plate that came with it was 1/4 aluminum (junk).

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0361.jpg

I love mine. I agree with guy that the 1/4" aluminum is kinda flimsy but it works. no advise for mounting on the ranger though.

Buckmaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0728.jpg
Here is how i mount mine on the box. i just used 2 pieces of ready rod and a piece of flat steel on the bottom to bolt it on. I hear you don't want the lock and ride mounts they tend to come loose when its cold and bouncing around

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
0TNqGaYqh2.jpg
Here is how i mount mine on the box. i just used 2 pieces of ready rod and a piece of flat steel on the bottom to bolt it on. I hear you don't want the lock and ride mounts they tend to come loose when its cold and bouncing around

I seem to have plenty of room in my box for all my gear including my auger just laying in the box, however for the bouncy Winnipeg, and extra guys with it sure would be nice to have it out of the box.

So you just ran the ready rod down the holes on the box, and put a big washer and nut on both ends? Seems a nice clean and easy way to remove it when not wanting it on the ranger too.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seem to have plenty of room in my box for all my gear including my auger just laying in the box, however for the bouncy Winnipeg, and extra guys with it sure would be nice to have it out of the box.

So you just ran the ready rod down the holes on the box, and put a big washer and nut on both ends? Seems a nice clean and easy way to remove it when not wanting it on the ranger too.

that's what she said

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
0TNqGaYqh2.jpg

Thanks for the reply.........that is exactly what I was hoping to do. I was thinking about drilling the holes in the carrier to 3/8" to use a beefier ready rod. One more question....did you use any kind of bushing/spacer in the holes on the box? I'm wondering if it would float around a little with those 1" holes in the box if I don't put some kind of a bushing in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75