Target Archery/3D Set Ups

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am hoping we have someone in the group that might have some insight. I am looking at getting into competition archery. 3D tournaments, indoor/outdoor etc.

I have done a couple of 3D events with my hunting set up and have had some small personal success, but have really been interested in getting a competition set up, I just don't know where to start.

Does anyone in the group have experience? Which type of bow, arrows, sight, rest should I be looking into?
Any feedback or advice for someone looking to get into the competition side of archery would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tiller man

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shoot a good number of spots and 3d. I run 2 different bows. My spot bow is a elite victory in 50 to 60 lbs with goldtip xxx pro arrows 150 grain points. cbe sight and scope with 4 power lens and a dot. Rest is a trophy taker blade rest with .010 blade. Bee stinger front and side bars. My 3d bow is a elite synergy 55 to 65 lbs with glodtip x cutter pros and 100 grain point. cbe tec target sight cbe scope with 4 power lens and .010 pin with blue fiber optic. Rest is a qad drop away. Bee stinger front and side bars. I also shoot back tension releases for all my comp shooting. This is just my set up seems to work good for me. I shoot at nishu range in Bismarck. There will be a group of us there thurs night shooting spots. Pm me if want to come down.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of people making the switch to elite. Check out todd Strasburger with Pulse Outdoors in williston. He will get you set up right. Guy knows his shit when it comes to bows.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
In my experience with 3d setups I was always looking for aa compromise between speed and balance. With 3d having good speed will help if you miss judge your yardage. Good speed can sometimes allow you to squeak out a 12 ring instead of a 10. Also by balancing your bow with stabilizers helps getting on target faster and staying on it longer. My competition bows are generally a little heavier as I feel it makes me more stable.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of people making the switch to elite. Check out todd Strasburger with Pulse Outdoors in williston. He will get you set up right. Guy knows his shit when it comes to bows.

Other VERY knowledgeable guys in the state include Darin at Archers Elite in Minot and I forget his name but, the gentleman at Droptine Sports in Williston.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be in the competitive archery scene (mid 80s). I absolutely loved it! But with success came pressure to repeat past successes.

Long story short - the pressure got to me - I munsoned.

1096.gif

Sad way to wrap up a career.

Prestige Archery

Founding Member
Founding Member
Give me a call anytime and i would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and can get you going in the right direction. I also have a ton of stuff that you can play with to see what you like the best. 701-527-7479

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be in the competitive archery scene (mid 80s). I absolutely loved it! But with success came pressure to repeat past successes.

Long story short - the pressure got to me - I munsoned.

1096.gif

Sad way to wrap up a career.

You ate your land lady's cake to pay your rent?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
He had her cake and ate it too! What is it about good sex that makes me have to crap?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77