Menards ice auger

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
No but I saw that, wondering what they are like also. I was in a hurry and didn't stop to investigate.:;:huh

Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like how they state the product has warrantee for the period stated below and they don't state anything below except that commercial applications have a 90 day warrantee. Ha ha

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. That is my .02. You may get what you pay for.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dig in the piggy bank a little further and get the K-drill with the Milwaukee fuel and don't look back. It's kinda hard to go ice fishing if a person owns a POS unreliable auger that you have to cross your fingers every time out in hopes the damn thing will drill a hole.

Jiggernaut

Founding Member
Founding Member
cant be worse than a SM mag2000

what a POS

I've had a Mag 2000 for about 10 yrs and it's fine. Didn't start for me one time and haven't figured out why. Damn thing started when I got home and I was pissed. I assumed it was from the cold. I've since kept it covered while traveling and it has started every time.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked online for the Menard's auger and all they showed was the bit. Is the power head separate on this deal? Like you have to buy a huge four-handle earth power head to hook up to their bit?

Plus it looks like a chipper blade-type bit......could there be any auger that is slower and heavier!?!? :confused:

(Strikemaster lover).

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess i dont get how you could be a strikemaster lover. Lets not even talk powerheads... The blades are just junk.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, 15 years of Strikemaster products and no problems. Love my current 4 stroke. Lazer before that. Kept it for backup.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't ice fish but I have to ask, why don't you fire up your auger before you leave the house and allow it to run a little before you hit the lake? (Referring to the guys upset when the motor won't start once they get to the lake.)

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, 15 years of Strikemaster products and no problems. Love my current 4 stroke. Lazer before that. Kept it for backup.

Last year I bought a Honda light 4stk Strikemaster and Wade at Dakota tackle suggested I don't use the lazer blades. So I have chipper on 8" auger and really like the set up.

Best auger / blade I have touched.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, if I fished where dirt/sand were encountered I'd go chipper too. The cutters faint at the sight of sand 15 feet away. I ran into sand once out in the middle of nowhere on Jamestown Res. That eneded my fishing.

also - if you drop a cutter and it lands right on the blades you can bend the angle on one side. That results in zero ability to cut too (and it wobbles sorta goofy-like in the ice pocket). But rebending with a big crescent wrench and judging by angle of unbent side has put my blades back to cutting perfect on a number of occasions.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66