Propane patio heater

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Inlaws gave use one for an early Christmas gift, it's a bit smaller than I think I want. It's the fake fire pit style that I want, but looking for one that the propane tank would fit under or in. Any of you guys have suggestions on this type, thinking I might return this one for a bit of an upgraded model.
I know this sounds terrible, but want something a bit neater.
We have a deck on our upper floor that we would be using this on, so the tank can't really be tucked away anywhere but in the actual fire pit.
Suggestions on a neat one, and where to pick it up?

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you on natural gas if so i would get one that runs on natural gas and pipe natural gas to under your deck would be alot neater and never run out of fuel.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup we have the natural gas, might be a neat option. I could run it to my grill too. Damn now I have more thinking to do

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had installers pull an extra nat gas line over to where our new deck WILL BE when NG finally arrived in our berg a couple years back and we were swapping over from evil propane.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure where my gas line is, other than in the basement running the furnace, water heater, garage heater, all coming out of the basement spot.
Can you tap into the line on the outside of the house, before the meter? haha free heat for me, as I am pretty sure I have earned it.

But in all seriousness, can I connect to the gas line from where it enters the house? Cause otherwise I would have to run a line through a bunch of existing walls and ceilings, and whatnot, making this a simple (gas) pipe dream.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure where my gas line is, other than in the basement running the furnace, water heater, garage heater, all coming out of the basement spot.
Can you tap into the line on the outside of the house, before the meter? haha free heat for me, as I am pretty sure I have earned it.

But in all seriousness, can I connect to the gas line from where it enters the house? Cause otherwise I would have to run a line through a bunch of existing walls and ceilings, and whatnot, making this a simple (gas) pipe dream.

on Mrs johnr's salary anything is possible

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
on Mrs johnr's salary anything is possible

true, however my pleasing personality has warn quite thin over the last few months with mrs johnr. She is seeing through my shenanigans and I really need to back off before I am discovered for the smooth talker, big bs'r, douche I really am.

This project is not worth losing my allowance over. haha :;:help

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes you can tie into it out by the meter

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The hardware Scheels in fargo has some nice ones on clearance. They are still over a grand mostly but our very nice

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76