Muck Arctic Pro or Arctic Sport

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've decided to ask for a Muck boot for Christmas. I have an awesome pair of Cabela's pack boots that are super warm but bulky. I want something slip on once in a while, but I don't want to get cold feet. I would probably be using them more in the spring than anytime else. Are the Pro's too warm.......are the Arctic's not quite warm enough?

Flinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know about the sports but I have the Pros. I have crappy circulation in hands and toes. I love my pros to stay warm standing on ice or cold weather tree stand hunting. But even in cold weather if u do a lot of walking around they will fill with sweat. Not sure what u want them for so I say.... Pros to stay warm anytime, sports if walking a lot in winter or not moving in early spring/late fall. If for spring fishing to stay dry and lil warmth, I'd go next step down and possibly size it to good wool sock.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
If a guy is not going to be walking around alot the pro is the way I wold go. I just picked up a pair of the chore version from muck yesterday and put about 5 miles on them today and they are great for walking. I got those the same size I wear instead of a size big.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have both, not a fan. Won't be buying them again.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the pros. Don't walk with them in even reasonably low temps. Sitting on the ice, my feet get cold. I'm not a good judge of boot since my circulation in my extremities sucks. One positive note, they hold up well as I've hit my auger blades and broad heads with the boots and there's no holes or even anything more than a scratch.

Chuckmain

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the arctic pros and i love them but they can get a little cold in the dead of winter. But i hole hop a lot so its usually not an issue.

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the pros and like them a lot. I use them mostly for ice fishing and the occasional late season hunt if it's really cold. They are warm and comfortable to walk in. Can't say my feet have ever gotten cold in them. I also always wear a pair of merino wool socks. That is something a lot of people forget about and wonder why there feet are cold in there supposedly warm boots.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear the best socks money can buy as well, its just that your feet can't breath in the things. Seems like they are either sweaty stinky and hot or if you sit for long periods in the cold they get cold.

CWS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Chore and I love them. I wear them ice fishing when it isn't too cold. There great for late season ice fishing when the ice is sloppy and wet. My feet don't get cold in them and I wear a wool sock. I wouldn't get the pros or arctic because my feet would sweat.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i wear my pros A LOT in the winter for ice fishing bow hunting and coyote hunting, i have put on 10-15 miles on the pros when coyote hunting in a day and they are just fine as long as you wear a big wool sock if you wear a regular sock they will tear up your heel a bit as your walk, but with wool socks i havent had any issues!

Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you wanna stick with rubber boots take a look at lacrosse alpha burlys. They come in multiple gram sizes. It's a step up from muck

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Sports and I have to be sitting still outside in really cold weather for quite some time before my toes get cold. My face and fingers will usually force me indoors before my feet will.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorel's have worked for 20+ years. I am not sure you can get them anymore or not, and likely they are no longer made like they used to be.
I rarely get cold feet, almost never. I am thinking that a pair of mucks might be on the list, as my Sorel's are about done.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorel's have worked for 20+ years. I am not sure you can get them anymore or not, and likely they are no longer made like they used to be.
I rarely get cold feet, almost never. I am thinking that a pair of mucks might be on the list, as my Sorel's are about done.

I got my wife a pair of Sorel's a couple years ago....they are awesome.

Like I said, I have an awesome pair of pac boots that have never let me down. I'm just looking for a different, easier to get on and off boot to use once in a while that isn't so heavy, and doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a pair from Gene Simmons.

kissboots.jpg

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
OK yes the muck boots are nice to get off and on with good neoprene tops for ample movement and good waterproof. But I have owned two pair of muck neoprene boot and will be buying some other boot that can actually used for outside work. Where the neoprene and the rubber meet have rotted apart from wearing in mud and water. If boot companies ever would like to do a real hands on review come to the Devils Lake basin. The salt water residue rots the stitching away on my work boots soles

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76