Skid houses

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that have a skid house, how do you like it. I'm kicking around building one so I can bring by side by side with tracks along and a hard side fish house. I have a trailer that can haul it right now. So it is just the issue of building it tall enough. I need about 86 inches of clearance

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know you mentioned building one but check out alumalite ice houses. I have never fished in one but have checked them out a few times and people seem to love them. The camper dealer in lakota sells them. Not sure who else is a vender around here. I would love to have a tracked ranger and one of these and a long tilt-bed car trailer to haul them around with.

http://www.soderbloom.com/Alumalitefishhouse.html

- - - Updated - - -

another project I would like to do is get ahold of an old semi sleeper and tun it into a ice house. would be a cheap project if you can find a cheap sleeper.
2Q==

- - - Updated - - -

2Q==

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know you mentioned building one but check out alumalite ice houses. I have never fished in one but have checked them out a few times and people seem to love them. The camper dealer in lakota sells them. Not sure who else is a vender around here. I would love to have a tracked ranger and one of these and a long tilt-bed car trailer to haul them around with.

http://www.soderbloom.com/Alumalitefishhouse.html

- - - Updated - - -

another project I would like to do is get ahold of an old semi sleeper and tun it into a ice house. would be a cheap project if you can find a cheap sleeper.
2Q==

- - - Updated - - -

2Q==
lots of cheap sleeper conversions on craigslist. Some done real nice. There was a used skid house just like what I was looking for on bisman but it was too short. (Honda is a little taller than a ranger).

Im getting a bid from ridge line on a skid house

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 12 foot alumalite skid house they are very light and move around easy. I put the umhw plastic on the alum runners. On glare ice in a wind they are a pain to pull around. they are easy to heat and pretty tough. I went from a otter to this and this is a lot faster to get fishing when moving around.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 12 foot alumalite skid house they are very light and move around easy. I put the umhw plastic on the alum runners. On glare ice in a wind they are a pain to pull around. they are easy to heat and pretty tough. I went from a otter to this and this is a lot faster to get fishing when moving around.

how high do they sit off the ice? Do you use hole sleeves to seal them up so wind doesnt blow up your hole?

- - - Updated - - -

that last part was in reference to wind blowing up the ice hole in the floor from under the house btw.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
8 inches off the ground, most of the time my auger slush seals the house to the ice, on thin glare ice sleeves would be handy, but I have allways been able to bank

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes it is foamed underneath but it isn't protected and the ice has tore some off around the holes.

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was actually measuring one of those Menards kits a couple days ago. Thinking of going that route to make a spear shack. Would need to add some height to fit the pioneer in it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79