Coyote calling-Electronic vs Manual

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a totally noob to coyote hunting and just started getting into it last year. What have you experts done or would you recommend for calling. I know the electronic calls have lots of options but some come with a high price tag. I do work with a guy who refuses to use an electronic call and has lots of success, but he's been calling them in for over 30 years.

What does everyone prefer and why?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use both depends on the weather and time of year. Early in the year or windy and I use the electric. Once all the weekend warriors get out and the dogs get smart hand calls are the way to go. If u get an electronic don't put it on the roof of the pickup and call from the road. See this way to often.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I prefer a mouth blown call. You can put emotion into a call that you just don't get with an electronic call. You might find it more rewarding to learn to call than just sticking a box out in the snow. There's nothing like having a coyote coming on a dead run when your the one doing the calling.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also use both.
The primary reason I use an electronic at all is placement. Whether they come straight in or circle down-wind, it is advantageous to not have the sound coming from your position.
If you're alone, an electronic can be placed up-wind so that when they circle down-wind, they come to you.
If you have a buddy, just put him downwind and use the mouth calls.
IMO you can't go wrong with anything that Randy Anderson has his name on.

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both here too, the electronics are still effective but I give them about another couple of weeks and not so much. The beauty of an e-caller is you can get it as far away as the remote will reach and you're golden, position yourself where you can get shooting as they try to get downwind of it, they will get downwind of it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66