Underwater Camera Question

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hello

I have been using my Vex Fishphone for the last year (love it, works on all of my old phones / tablets) and will be putting it in my ice house this winter. The only issue I have had with it, as well as other fish cams, is that the cable and unit is hard to control once you find your lure and want to keep it focused on that point.

I would rather not buy the Marcum stand/remote because it will be one additional gadget to buy, keep batteries for and remember to pack with. So I am thinking of bending a coat hanger and taping it to the bottom or the camera to give it some stability. Does anyone else have an effective solution?

Thanks

Jake

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just go to sheels if like last year they had the Aqua-Vu Ice Pod that has a small rubber ball you place on your line where you want it it stop that fits on a small tripod. It was cheap and works vary well. The coat hanger works but can be a pain since it tends to stir up the bottom every time you set it down or it gets bumped by a fish.

Just be careful with the ball because it doesn't float.

Last edited:

wfginsptr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the same issue with an older camera I had, I added some weight to the weight on it and it worked better. Used stick-on weight that are used for pine wood derby cars.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the same issue with an older camera I had, I added some weight to the weight on it and it worked better. Used stick-on weight that are used for pine wood derby cars.

Pinewood derby cars???? Holy smokes! Do they still do that?? That would really be digging back in the archives of my memory! Sorry for the hijack!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
192440i_ts.jpg
You can buy this or build one like my father in law.

- - - Updated - - -

We have the same camera as you and were constantly fighting the littler stopper in the arm. You're still going to get some sway when you rotate the camera but it's better than spinning the cord by hand. Plus, if you're placing your camera outside, it prevents that hole from freezing over.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's the one I wanted to get last year but atleast at that time sheels didn't have any. Anyone ever noticed that the camera can be totally still but for what ever reason your lure will eventually move off to one side or the other? Not talking about the side to side you always get with any given lure but just a bit of lateral repositioning. Seems like every twenty minutes or so the camera has to be realigned even though you can tell by what's in the picture that it has not moved. Maybe a slight current or something but seems to always happen.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're pretty simple to build. All you need is a cheap cleat, scrap plywood, and a jig saw.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used an old AquaView stand and modified it to work with my newer one. When it's on the bottom it shows my lures perfectly.

New_camera.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84