DL Ice Report

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
Has anyone been out in the DL area yet? Thought about packing my stuff up and giving it a try but want to save a trip if the ice isn't good.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that Devils Lake or Detroit Lakes? I have a buddy who has been on some ice near Detroit Lakes. Ice isn't great but he isn't very bright either. With this snow coming I would be careful out there

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cold Temps coming soon

I sure hope the lakes get some more ice made before we get a blanket of snow on top to mess with the freezing process! Since Willard Scott just retired, any of you armchair weather persons care to take a stab at what this coming snowfall will do to the ice making process the rest of the winter? I have my guess...but would need to down some Busch Lite to make it an educated guess.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I sure hope the lakes get some more ice made before we get a blanket of snow on top to mess with the freezing process! Since Willard Scott just retired, any of you armchair weather persons care to take a stab at what this coming snowfall will do to the ice making process the rest of the winter? I have my guess...but would need to down some Busch Lite to make it an educated guess.

I stand by my old geezer rant from an earlier thread

wind-driven shardy crap ice - especially with a touch of snow mixed in - makes for insulating ice, it's difficult to visually assess for quality (even spudding that foamy crap is a less reliable test than if it's black), etc.

great - there goes the 2015-2016 season

it's official

Panties-in-a-bunch.jpg%7Ec200

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice fishing is all I have to look forward to in the winter. Looks like the only fun I get to have is shoveling snow.

So depressed right now.....

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I stand by my old geezer rant from an earlier thread

wind-driven shardy crap ice - especially with a touch of snow mixed in - makes for insulating ice, it's difficult to visually assess for quality (even spudding that foamy crap is a less reliable test than if it's black), etc.

great - there goes the 2015-2016 season

it's official

Panties-in-a-bunch.jpg%7Ec200

You going as Scrooge for Christmas too?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 163
  • This month: 141
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109