Ice Access

Rustywaterdogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was thinking of heading to Lake Irvine this weekend. Does anyone know if there driving out yet or pulling shacks with quads or is it still just portables. Just trying to figure out if I should take the portable or the wheel house. Thanks.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not hit the ice yet this year, but I would imagine most lakes should be real close if not ready for wheelers with the cold temps last week or so.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't drive a wheeler on any lakes in my area lots of open water still. I'm leary of walking on them.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why would you want to fish up there? There nothing but Slough sharks and if you do find a fish they taste like dirt. YUCK no, you be better off going to Lehr area for fishing perch. IMO

Or goose lake by Harvey is good perch bite, also silver Lake WMA down south of 200, irvin full of dirty tasting yucky fish.

;:;barf
;:;badidea
PS if you do find a hot perch bite PM me asap k.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Guys will undoubtedly be out there with wheelers if not full on trucks......that doesn't mean it's a good idea though. To many hidden weak spots now for me to feel comfortable with anything that big for atleast another week or more.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its 8* in Dickinson, and been around 15-20* during the evenings and nights for a week now. I would think ice should be for sure walkable, maybe even put the ranger on the local lake tomorrow, iffn I see others out there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 75