Ice Fishing Audubon National Wildlife Refuge

Jackie Jacobson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Attention Lake Audubon Ice Fishing Participants!

Ice fishing is a popular public use on Audubon National Wildlife Refuge, which consists of the southern portion of Lake Audubon. We provide 6 ice fishing access ramps for vehicles to access the ice. PLEASE RESPECT THIS NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE AND DO NOT DRIVE ON OR PARK ON THE REFUGE GRASSLANDS. This is an ongoing issue this year, due to the ice being fairly thin.

We ask that drivers park their vehicles parallel to the auto tour route or ice fishing access, leaving room for the traffic flow of other vehicles pulling trailers/fish houses. All vehicles, including snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles are allowed on the ice, BUT must stay on public roads and use designated ice access points to access the ice.

Refuge law enforcement officers will be ticketing violators.

Ice fishing regulations for Audubon National Wildlife Refuge are located at: http://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/Brochure Hunting and Ice Fishing.pdf

Please contact Audubon National Wildlife Refuge at 701/442-5474 if you have questions regarding these regulations.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I noticed several vehicles driving through the grass to get to the shoreline in Nelson bay a few weeks ago. It also looked like a refuge vehicle that stopped buy them but never went out and talked to the people. I was kind of hoping they were writing down license plates and sending them nice Christmas presents in the mail. I don't have much respect for lazy sportsman, its these jack-wads that get access shut down for everybody.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74