Best pistol?

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im looking at purchasing a new pistol and was wondering what you guys thought was the best pistol out there for the $$$. Looking at getting a .45. TIA

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to Jays pawn shop indoor gun range on airport rd. in Bismarck and try the gun rental program there and find out what you like the best and go from there.

One $ = Hi point and similar

Two $$ = most other brands

Three $$$ =- Kimber, this is what you are looking for since you posted three $$$ in the top post lol.....:;:cheers

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got a Bersa Thunder 380 with laser grips from Buds for around $400...

61659_1.jpg

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
most are pretty good. depends what fits your hand. I like 1911s, I have a Smith and Wesson M&P 45. That is a damn good gun,
Springfield XD are good, Glock are good, Sigs, HK, FN ect all good

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you want a fun/pretty gun or a gun you can go to war with? You know what, it doesn't matter. The answer is "Glock".

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't know why it is just my type I guess, I only have one pistol and it is a 10mm Glock, all the rest of my hand guns are revolvers.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got a Bersa Thunder 380 with laser grips from Buds for around $400...

61659_1.jpg

That's pretty, but slim wouldn't go to war with it..........:;:stirthepot

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
most are pretty good. depends what fits your hand. I like 1911s, I have a Smith and Wesson M&P 45. That is a damn good gun,
Springfield XD are good, Glock are good, Sigs, HK, FN ect all good

This pretty much sums it up. Stay away from Taurus, Rock Island, or other cheapo 1911s. Best gun for the money is Glock. I believe a Glock 21 holds 13 rounds, same with Springfield XDm. I see no reason to limit oneself to fewer than 12 rounds in a mag. Why handicap yourself with 7 or 8 rounds? Handguns are not rifles. It doesn't matter how big the bullets are if you run out. You're going to need multiple hits in target.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know why it is just my type I guess, I only have one pistol and it is a 10mm Glock

You must have a huge penis like me.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like big shooters...............;:;rofl One of my others is a S&W 460.

An Inch more I would have been a king and inch less and I would have been a queen.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an XDM and cant say anything bad about it.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy what fits your hand. I see to many people argue over the name on the side of there firearm, most are of good quality. I seen someone mention to stay away from Rock Island and Taurus. I want to know why? I have a Rock and its a great gun. I'll put it up against your Glocks and your kimbers any time you want. Oh and we have to shoot 50 feet because anyone can shoot a 15. Most are of good quality in the mid to upper price range. I'm a fan of the 1911's they just fit. Smith makes a nice gun as does Springfield if you like plastic guns. Glocks also always go bang. See a lot of them at the range and can't say I have seen many issues with anything newer, most is operator error.

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buy what fits your hand. I see to many people argue over the name on the side of there firearm, most are of good quality.
I was once one who said I couldn't own a Glock because it "didn't fit me right." Now I won't own anything else. Everything else feels wrong. Don't always just go off of what an unloaded gun feels like at the sales counter.

I seen someone mention to stay away from Rock Island and Taurus. I want to know why? I have a Rock and its a great gun. I'll put it up against your Glocks and your kimbers any time you want.

Everyone I know who owns a Taurus raves about how wonderfully they're treated by customer service every time they have to get a replacement part or send their gun in for repair. I've never heard a peep about Glock's customer service. (A lightbulb just came on. Now I know why I can't buy Vortex.) How many rounds have you put through your Rock Island? Just curious. I'd love to find out that they're a quality gun.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
My 45acp is an old school colt 1911 army that dad gave me but have shot a lot of different brands (new models). Glocks that needed spring mods fun easy shooter, Springfield seem nice worked for me, Taurus nice shooter good price , Beretta good gun great shooter, Ruger liked it but I'm a Ruger fan anyways, sig I did giggle a bit pulling the trigger, have not shot a kimber or another high end custom so leaving those out.
12-13 rounds in the mag are fine but at 50ft my goal is to not use 13rounds, figure if I get to round 10 I'm already dead. Find something you are comfortable with for what you want or can potentially see wanting to use it for. Comfort and confidence will get you farther than the name stamped on the gun

Tommyboy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was once one who said I couldn't own a Glock because it "didn't fit me right." Now I won't own anything else. Everything else feels wrong. Don't always just go off of what an unloaded gun feels like at the sales counter.

Everyone I know who owns a Taurus raves about how wonderfully they're treated by customer service every time they have to get a replacement part or send their gun in for repair. I've never heard a peep about Glock's customer service. (A lightbulb just came on. Now I know why I can't buy Vortex.) How many rounds have you put through your Rock Island? Just curious. I'd love to find out that they're a quality gun.

Glock's are so awesome you never have to call customer service. :;:stirthepot

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know shit about pistols but I have heard a 9mm is to small to stop a human being.:;:stirthepot

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80