Perch Bite?

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any word on the perch bite in or around central ND? Have been out twice this year and covered six lakes (Mud, Peerboom, Round, Wentz, West and Alkaline) with little luck of finding perch or eyes with any size :mad:. I know last year West was on fire but I think it's seen better days, as it got hammered last year. I would really appreciate any guidance or suggestions anyone has to offer. Hope y'all have had better luck that me this year. Happy hard water fishin'!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you go online Google search ndgf public fishing waters, it's a pdf file that you can download. This file has every lake that was gill net surveyed. The pdf ndgfpfw has links to be able to download maps of some of the lakes. Then you can download the fish stocking reports pdf and cross reference bodies of water to find the best places to start at. Good luck and let us know how you did, of course not telling anyone your good spots unless you would like to PM me ASAP k.

Brooks

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Round, wentz and alkaline aren't really that good of perch fisheries if that's what ur lookin for. No offense, but one thing that has stayed the same and will never change just like FBO is people posting where a good bite is. Just how it is.DIY.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't expect people to tell me their secret spots just offer suggestions. And yes, I know round, alkaline and wentz aren't known for a good perch bite which is why I said "perch or eyes with any size". was hoping fellow fisherman would be a little more helpful than on fishing buddy, but perhaps I was wrong.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am familiar with and frequent the stocking reports. Thanks for the tip, however lunkerslayer

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No you have to download the first one about the fishing waters ,trust me there are some really good information on that pdf file. If I lived farther south I would love to check out some of those spots.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has been a useless thread. Thanks for demonstrating your proficiency in the NDGF website and providing nothing resembling a fishing report of any kind! :;:lame

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm headed out tomorrow with the kids to see if we can track down some perch. I'm really starting to like this not working in the winter get to go fishing during the week.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a perch on Saturday wife ate it said it was way better than walleye

Kraken

Founding Member
Founding Member
This has been a useless thread. Thanks for demonstrating your proficiency in the NDGF website and providing nothing resembling a fishing report of any kind! :;:lame
How do you think myself and other anglers discovered Island lake and destroyed the walleyes the previous year? Not everyone gets the downwind/2nd hand information, some of us find it.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I caught a perch on Saturday wife ate it said it was way better than walleye

Thats great!

- - - Updated - - -

How do you think myself and other anglers discovered Island lake and destroyed the walleyes the previous year? Not everyone gets the downwind/2nd hand information, some of us find it.

I agree, but I've found eventually the word always gets out in a matter of time. I've given up on that battle lol

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think many people fail to realize how much views the old fishingbuddy and potentially this site can get. Posting a good perch bite in this thread could and most likely will all but guarantee that the lake will not have anything left later this spring or next year.

Realistically with social media and texting its almost impossible to keep a bite quiet for long.

Anyway, I am headed out for the first time tomorrow. Got a list of 5 lakes on the hit list.

ND_ice_angler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think many people fail to realize how much views the old fishingbuddy and potentially this site can get. Posting a good perch bite in this thread could and most likely will all but guarantee that the lake will not have anything left later this spring or next year.

Realistically with social media and texting its almost impossible to keep a bite quiet for long.

Anyway, I am headed out for the first time tomorrow. Got a list of 5 lakes on the hit list.

I agree. A private message of a report or experience so far this year would have sufficed. Good luck tomorrow!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just gave u the hottest spot all winter. Nw corner 8ft minnow head on a small buckshot rattle. Lmk if u want walleye I have a GPS micro card implanted on ahab truck.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

im actually ok with not giving reports of good bites in the winter. I'd rather go find them and prepare for next spring when the boat comes back out. You can't expect everyone just to give you what lake/depth/lure/bait all the time. Put some miles on those boots and burn some gas in the auger.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Noway shorthairsrus mines still better go to Lehr ND is filled with perch sanctuaries. If you having trouble finding such abundance of little golden nuggets. I would follow the sconis in incognito find your self a Wisconsin badger hat and join the pack. Stay up wind cuz badgers can sniff out impostors and could attack without warning. Also your welcome!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60