Most concealable handgun?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to get myself in the habit of carrying. What reliable handgun is the most concealable of them all?... caliber be danged?

Sure would be nice to carry a "wallet that shoots".

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really Guy???? Another one of these threads...
Well ill beat the glock guys to it. Glock 42, 43

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a springfield xdm 3.8 in a .40 cal. Love shooting it but its a little bulky for everyday carry.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been considering this also. When it's something really small, sights may be worthless. I'm thinking tiny pistol + laser. Beretta Pico and NAA .22 revolvers are too small for me to operate. I'm thinking S&W .380 bodyguard.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
there now that thats taken care of. I am looking at Smith and Wesson J frame revolvers, Model 642 is hammerless so you can pocket carry without worrying about it snagging if you need to draw. 5 founds of 38+p should do the trick in most cases as well. Very light weight and you cant argue reliability of a revolver.
Taurus Curve looks intersting for pocket carry as well, but its a taurus and i hate the feel of it.
Colt Mustangs are very nice, Basically a mini 1911.
and the glocks i mentioned above are very nice guns.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like my S&W compact .40cal. Conceals and shoots well. I'd much rather have a pistol that's tougher to hide but shoots well, than a pistol that can fit up my ass but can't hit a rabbit at 4ft.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
there now that thats taken care of. I am looking at Smith and Wesson J frame revolvers, Model 642 is hammerless so you can pocket carry without worrying about it snagging if you need to draw. 5 founds of 38+p should do the trick in most cases as well. Very light weight and you cant argue reliability of a revolver.
Taurus Curve looks intersting for pocket carry as well, but its a taurus and i hate the feel of it.
Colt Mustangs are very nice, Basically a mini 1911.
and the glocks i mentioned above are very nice guns.

problem with Glock 42 + 43 is that the reduced size is negligible when compared to a Glock 26 or even 19.

problem with wheel guns is width, reloading, and carrying extra ammo on your person. Although, there are ergonomics with a revolver that make a slim profile less necessary.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking S&W .380 bodyguard.

I'm a sucker for lasers. Also seems like a very good training system - have the newbie dry fire at the wall and try to keep the red dot from bouncing around. Seems like a really handy feature in the dark too.

Any down-sides to lasers?

- - - Updated - - -

I like my S&W compact .40cal. Conceals and shoots well. I'd much rather have a pistol that's tougher to hide but shoots well, than a pistol that can fit up my ass but can't hit a rabbit at 4ft.

Seems to me that when it comes to personal defense and the wisdom of "only shoot if you can't retreat" then 4ft is about where I'd be squeezing off. And I don't expect to be shooting at rabbits. :D

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
problem with Glock 42 + 43 is that the reduced size is negligible when compared to a Glock 26 or even 19.

problem with wheel guns is width, reloading, and carrying extra ammo on your person. Although, there are ergonomics with a revolver that make a slim profile less necessary.

the cylinder is wider than many semi autos i agree, But a rounded shape in your pocket or clothing will not draw near as much attention as a squared odd shape, but a good holster covers both, as far as ammo carry some in your truck, or a speed loader if you are really concerned that 5 is not enough.

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a colt mustang with DM Bullard pocket holster. I was checking out the g26 yesterday that is a tiny double stack pistol. For me the g26 makes more sense then the g43 since I can use my mags from my g17.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a colt mustang with DM Bullard pocket holster. I was checking out the g26 yesterday that is a tiny double stack pistol. For me the g26 makes more sense then the g43 since I can use my mags from my g17.

I was thinking the same thing, but then I tried to carry a 27 and it wasn't really any easier to carry than my 23. I also don't think the 43 would be much easier to carry than a 19/23

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I find this setup easy to conceal.
smithAndWesson.jpg

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
purdy wheelgun Sluggo

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the Lady Smith with the rosewood is one of the prettiest firearms ever but they put "Lady" on it. I may be a bitch but I sure as hell ain't no "lady".

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
svn, the rosewood grips are available in the aftermarket and i believe even directly from S&W the will fit on any Jframe

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
how do you like that mustang? im looking at one for the wife

I have this version I really like it. I can barely feel it in my pocket. It does have some snappy recoil. Sig makes a close version of this gun my wife has one of the Sigs. Both are nice.
image.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86