The slusher

summereyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering if any body has used one of those slushers or one like it by strike master. Was thinking about getting one just wanted to make sure they worked first.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I carry way too much gear but if I have to worry about the 20 seconds it takes to clear a really bad hole then I should retire.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was wondering if any body has used one of those slushers or one like it by strike master. Was thinking about getting one just wanted to make sure they worked first.

Once you have your hole punched, it's easiest to simply run the auger in the hole for a few seconds and let the water carry out 90% of the ice chips out. Clean the rest out with your dipper. Save your money....and like Renville said you'll have one less thing to forget out on the ice when you're packing up in the dark.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
As ND said, after you punch through, drop the auger back down and hit the throttle. Important to have waterproof footwear.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're nice to use in a permanent house when you can't let the auger do the work for you or you'll soak the inside of your house. When the ice gets 3-4 feet thick, that's a lot of scooping with a big dipper. It will definitely save you a lot of time.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have what I call a "auger caddie". I go about drilling ice holes and my caddie follows along cleaning them out. I am done and back setting up my fishing rig and vex and on the fish before he is done cleaning.:;:muahaha

summereyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea I was wanting to use it in the permanent when the ice gets thicker, just a pain trying to haul 5 gallon bucket by 5 gallon bucket out and dump and waiting 3 hours for the floor to dry, I agree outside though I do clear it with the auger.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66