Bait Pucks - Anyone use them?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It seems like these would be pretty handy for ice fishing baits. Anyone use them?

bait pucks.jpg

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
good stuff, at least the ones from bout 10 years ago... have 2 small ones for waxies and 2 big ones i used for crawlers in the summer... they are great for filling out of a flat and throwing in the cooler in the boat... they seal well and don't get as cold in the cooler, and don't leak mud or bedding...

if i lost mine and still used crawlers or live leaches, i would replace them without a second thought...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use them all the time in the winter. Put a handful of minnows in it with a little water and go on my way. Ill use them for spikes as well which reminds me...I need spikes.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use them for waxies. Very handy as opposed to crushing the little plastic things that waxies usually come in.

gatorbaiter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use them for wader fishing on the Red. Crawlers or minnows work well. I have had them leak slightly with water in them in a pocket but never to were I quit using them. Good stuff

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a chew can for waxes and spikes. Never tried them for crawlers as I wondered if they breathe

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
7c62c3e7957d27fa80596981137cde24.jpg

I own a bait puck now but I used these for years prior. Nice to clip on your bibs but sucks when you leave it on the ice. That was a sad day it belonged to my grandma.

Last edited:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are great. I have never used one for running and gunning with minnows I always just throw a couple in my pocket and go.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand how I've never seen these things in my life until, the other day?

I'm constantly looking at fishing gear either online or in stores and have never seen them. Only to find out that you guys all have them, they come in different sizes, and you say they work great...Meanwhile I'm dragging around ef'n minnow buckets, flimsy plastic and styrofoam containers of crawlers that get crushed and make a damn mess in my boat and ice house! The plastic cups of wax worms are the worst!. WTF! I thought we were all friends here? Ha-ha!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a few that I collected from ice fishing shows, etc. i think they are a tad large/clunky. Wish they were maybe 2/3 the size they are. I always find myself liking the small hard clear plastic containers that some bait vendors use better.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 101
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63